Delta_Strife's Ship Units

I made my torpedo (pretty much a tube :)); and the torp wake; but the wake was just a modified sphere (that was flattened and lengthened) with a light magenta color and an opacity map to make it fade near the edges. Then I just animated it.

Not really sure either what format would work to export/import the animation/objects from 3ds to bryce. It should be a pretty easy animation. I redo the animation every ship; since the height it drops from is usually different.

Yes, use .obj, I use it when exporting from Blender.

.obj can only hold the geometry (I use a tube and flattened sphere); can't contain the animation, so you would still have to animate it yourself. Shouldn't be difficult though, wake just needs to be strectched as the torp leaves the ship. And .obj can store texture info; but not the textures themselves; so I think you'd still have to apply the textures yourself; which I would send also.

But I need to get some shut-eye; so I would have to do it tomorrow evening after work.

Update: The final French ship I will be doing is done. This one was really difficult because the lack of pictures, materials, and changes it went through. I based it on its original appearance and I am happy how it has turned out. Let see who can figure out.

CLASSE Bouvet

quasi-class which comprised Bouvet, Jauréguiberry, Carnot, Charles Martel, and Masséna

Wotan49
:Old:

Marceau Class
should have seen it is not a two chimney

Wotan49
:old:

Well my gf has kept me pretty busy this weekend so I have not had a chance to start laying down the next hull. I am planing on doing the Petropavlovsk Class just finishing up my image hunt. Have a good set of plans so it should not take me long to get going on her.

Top Bottom