US West 1840 to 1900 Development Thread

The link to the scenario folder in thread # 1 is broken because Atomic Gamer shut down.
Do we have a new host for these large files?

I'm sure you've contacted the Civ Forums Adminstrators? This is definitely an issue. For the short term I guess you can have those that want to play this first game contact you direct and you can send them the files????

I'm sure you've contacted the Civ Forums Adminstrators? This is definitely an issue. For the short term I guess you can have those that want to play this first game contact you direct and you can send them the files????

Most email servers will reject files that size. I have been reading through the discussions
on the forum about migration. Dropbox has been used by some modders, anyone have an
opinion on Dropbox?

I can put the file on my website host and send the link to those who need it as a temporary
solution.

Most email servers will reject files that size. I have been reading through the discussions
on the forum about migration. Dropbox has been used by some modders, anyone have an
opinion on Dropbox?

I can put the file on my website host and send the link to those who need it as a temporary
solution.

I can test this for you Eric if you send me the link and see how it goes if that will help?

The main folder (130 Mbytes) for this scenario is now hosted by civforum.de.
There is also a thread for the scenario in the international section here:
http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?98312-US-West-1840-1900-Scenario

Much work has been done since my last post here.
The current biq file is beta_V75 and is posted in post #1.

Much work has been done on the civilopedia and the naval units have gotten
a re-working. You should download both the latest folder and biq file.

I've been working on a new building for this scenario, an old fashioned one room prairie school:

Attachments

• school.jpg
    school.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 116
Took me a while toying with the forum search to find this thread again. I await further development with anticipation.

Out of curiosity, the uploaded BIQ does have the increased work rate required for roads/railroads, right? I plan to boot up my laptop and start playing the scenario as one of the United States groups, possibly one of the free/slave civil war factions or out west on the Pacific Coast.

Well time to move on from Civ 3. I've had a lot of fun over the years with it and especially with Eric's scenarios.

Thanks Eric for all your great work and epic battles. I'll never forgot Typhoon of Steel where the Allies "hacked" my password (Nagumo) and whipped me in that first game!! It was still fun and an education on obvious use of passwords and the scenario.

The Hinge of Fate mods were classic works and brought a small number of great opponents to it. I think that was the best part for me playing with guys from all over the world. And there were some amazing games that spanned years to play too. So once again....thanks for all your work that gave me (and others) a lot of great game time!! Cheers!

Sully

Top Bottom