Suggestions of mods for potential inclusion in CCV

Some fast comments.

- there will be no water animals and no animal hunting down mechanism in CCV
- the speed mod seems promising but there is still no code available :)
- the pics for events are fantastic :goodjob: I'll have a look at the BAT mod...
- I hate the current appearance of GP. One day I will have enough time I will mod this part. I think GP should appear in the right time and in the "right" nation. With the current tools of Civ/BTS this can't be done easily. And the current GP mods out there are all "dirty". No one is working in other languages than English. I've done some preparation but never finished it. But this is so unimportant in contrast to other stuff that it will take a long time or will even never happen... So I will waste no time with pics. :p

Some fast comments.
Thanks for taking your time to comment.
- there will be no water animals and no animal hunting down mechanism in CCV
Well, no water animals is fine with me. But too sad that we won't see a stone age with hunting in CCV. :sad: That would have provided additional fantastic atmosphere for the beginning of the game, because most of your changes target the later stages of the game - like in Quot Capita (except for the myth creatures ;) which wouldn't fit into CCV). But it is your mod and it is probably too problematic to implement.
- the speed mod seems promising but there is still no code available :)
Yeah, I saw that too. I hope he will give in to the pressure mounting up and will release the code soon (not in three weeks as he mentioned).
- the pics for events are fantastic :goodjob: I'll have a look at the BAT mod...
Glad I could help a bit. :)
- I hate the current appearance of GP. One day I will have enough time I will mod this part. I think GP should appear in the right time and in the "right" nation. With the current tools of Civ/BTS this can't be done easily. And the current GP mods out there are all "dirty". No one is working in other languages than English. I've done some preparation but never finished it. But this is so unimportant in contrast to other stuff that it will take a long time or will even never happen... So I will waste no time with pics. :p
You are absolutely right regarding the current appearance and the relative (un)importance. Improving that should be far down in your list. :)
Regarding the GP images: I remembered that you were a bit annoyed that people would look mainly at the outside/presentation (meaning additional pics and such) and not so much at the new code features. That is why I pointed you to these images (like I did with the Events images), I didn't suggest any new code in that regard. :)

Well, no water animals is fine with me. But too sad that we won't see a stone age with hunting in CCV. :sad: That would have provided additional fantastic atmosphere for the beginning of the game, because most of your changes target the later stages of the game - like in Quot Capita (except for the myth creatures ;) which wouldn't fit into CCV). But it is your mod and it is probably too problematic to implement.

Well, hunting for additional food in the stone age may be an option. ;) But not hunting an elephant, horse,... unit to create an elephant, horse,... ressource. And there will be of course no myth creatures in CCV.

Well, hunting for additional food in the stone age may be an option. ;) But not hunting an elephant, horse,... unit to create an elephant, horse,... ressource. And there will be of course no myth creatures in CCV.
Oh, great!!! :goodjob: Then I misunderstood you.
I never intended to propose that "catching animals to make them a resource"-mod or whatever it is called. I only referred to the hunting of animals to bring additional food to your cities that was implemented in Quot Capita. I am very relieved that you still consider that as an option for CCV. :)

Is it possible to add a few extra leaders for some civs?

- Meiji for Japan: Meiji transformed the backward Tokugawan Japan into a modern, progresist state. This means he's representative and greatly responsible for modern Japan.

- A leader for Arabia (either one of the early Caliphs or the founder of Saudi Arabia).

- Another leader for China (someone from Han, Tang, Song or Ming dynasties)

- A ruler from a Scandinavian country, as a realistic and more modern counterpart of the dark age legend Ragnar is.

Of course, this might need including another trait to avoid repeating traits. How about adding Enlightened (provides a fixed research bonus to the civ, speeds up some research buildings; reduces revolution instability when using the RevDCM)?

Yes and No.

I'm planing lots of new leaders - so yes.

But before I can do so I must work down a long list of other stuff. Especially it makes no sense (=too much work) to introduce new leaders before the new traits. And those make no sense before the new civics. And the new civics need other finisihed components like:

- new MAD AI target system
- Migrating People (part 3)
- Lost Battles
- CCV Global Warming System (incl. Nuclear Winter)

and beside that the 2nd UUs are still unfinished. And Austria as a new Civ should be included soon too. And many people ask for more custom unit art. I can understand it but that will cost a lots of time. So it is a sorry but no for the near future. But I'll keep it in mind.

Since this mod supports up to 50 civs is there any chance that you will incorporate any more religions (the more "missing" ones that covers the spiritual South/North American, Mediterranian, Celtic and maybe African civs) since the stock religions tend to become quite "overbalanced" (read: all religions tend to become huge when you play with 30+ civs on huge+ maps instead of having an uneven spread where some become dominant while others remain obscure)

Also Multiple Favorite Civics may be an interesting mod to implement as it would give more of a personality (besides code) to have at least two civics for each leader, like Sitting Bull having Enviromentalism and Pacifism. Dont know if leaders will try to influence your civics twice the amount though :lol:

Since this mod supports up to 50 civs is there any chance that you will incorporate any more religions (the more "missing" ones that covers the spiritual South/North American, Mediterranian, Celtic and maybe African civs) since the stock religions tend to become quite "overbalanced" (read: all religions tend to become huge when you play with 30+ civs on huge+ maps instead of having an uneven spread where some become dominant while others remain obscure)

If I would do it, I would allow more religions only per game option as it seems only useful on very big maps to me. But I must confess that I'm not satisfied with this idea.

Also Multiple Favorite Civics may be an interesting mod to implement as it would give more of a personality (besides code) to have at least two civics for each leader, like Sitting Bull having Enviromentalism and Pacifism. Dont know if leaders will try to influence your civics twice the amount though :lol:

This will be for sure a part of CCV in the future.

If I would do it, I would allow more religions only per game option as it seems only useful on very big maps to me. But I must confess that I'm not satisfied with this idea.

Which was kind of what i had in mind. My train of thought i was having would be to add a few more religions based on the cultures without a relevant religion (like north/south/mesoamerican Nagualism/Shamanism, celtic Druidism, nordic Asatro, mediterranian Hellenism and/or Zoroastrianism for example) to the current vanilla selection, modify some leaders favourite religion for historical accuracy and make the number of religions allowed dependent on the size of map you are playing.
So in a standard game you would have more religions to choose from but still only 7 allowed to exist in play and a more random experience dependent on what civs you play against.

In other words, a modified Just Another Religion Mod. Just an idea. Its something im experimenting with myself a bit for fun.

This will be for sure a part of CCV in the future.

Nice. :goodjob:

I like the early hunting in CCV.
CCV has a more realistic and aggressive fauna which needs to be fighted.
It would be great if you could implement a hunter-unit for this job.

The hunter could be available with technology "hunting" and could have the following stats:

:strength: 2.00
:move: 1.00
Bonus: +50% against animals
Penalties:-50% against military units (can not attack military units also), no first strike

When technology archery is discovered the hunter will be equipped with bows and then has a complete +100% Bonus against animals and no more penalties against military units.

And if animals are killed in city-radius, then the city gets a tiny :food: bonus (animal meat) and a tiny :hammers: bonus or :gold: sum (animal trophies).

I don't know if something like this is even possible or if it will be a CCV-feature someday. But it would be great.

I like the early hunting in CCV.
CCV has a more realistic and aggressive fauna which needs to be fighted.
It would be great if you could implement a hunter-unit for this job.

The hunter could be available with technology "hunting" and could have the following stats:

:strength: 2.00
:move: 1.00
Bonus: +50% against animals
Penalties:-50% against military units (can not attack military units also), no first strike

When technology archery is discovered the hunter will be equipped with bows and then has a complete +100% Bonus against animals and no more penalties against military units.

And if animals are killed in city-radius, then the city gets a tiny :food: bonus (animal meat) and a tiny :hammers: bonus or :gold: sum (animal trophies).

I don't know if something like this is even possible or if it will be a CCV-feature someday. But it would be great.
I thought about something like that when I proposed a feature like the hunting mechanics from the QC mod. :) With the feature of animals roaming also inside borders that hunting feature might have come closer to its implementation...(?) ;)

I thought about something like that when I proposed a feature like the hunting mechanics from the QC mod. :) With the feature of animals roaming also inside borders that hunting feature might have come closer to its implementation...(?) ;)

I really hope TSG will keep his motivation and think about implementing a hunting-feature.

I've already implemented a basic hunter unit for my personal needs. It's far away from what i really want but it is better than nothing. ;)

Right now i've stopped playing anyway because i think i've discovered another bug.
I have no problems with other resources (pigs for example) but for some reason i can't connect rice, cows or elephants to my cities for some time.
The improvements were built and they are connected via river and roads but the resources are not available in my cities. And then at some point there is some unknown magical trigger-event and all the connected resources are available at once but if i connect another rice-resource then the problem is occuring again for the new connected resources.

It was my second CCV-game since the XML-errors are gone and i had the problems in both games. Did no further testing though.

And i'm too lazy to report the bug. But hey...i've already done it in the wrong thread. :) Maybe TSG reads it. (Played with Celts, disabled "expanding city radius" and "advanced support" and "realistic culture spread")

I really hope TSG will keep his motivation and think about implementing a hunting-feature.

I've already implemented a basic hunter unit for my personal needs. It's far away from what i really want but it is better than nothing. ;)

Right now i've stopped playing anyway because i think i've discovered another bug.
I have no problems with other resources (pigs for example) but for some reason i can't connect rice, cows or elephants to my cities for some time.
The improvements were built and they are connected via river and roads but the resources are not available in my cities. And then at some point there is some unknown magical trigger-event and all the connected resources are available at once but if i connect another rice-resource then the problem is occuring again for the new connected resources.

It was my second CCV-game since the XML-errors are gone and i had the problems in both games. Did no further testing though.

And i'm too lazy to report the bug. But hey...i've already done it in the wrong thread. :) Maybe TSG reads it. (Played with Celts, disabled "expanding city radius" and "advanced support" and "realistic culture spread")

Of course I read it. That means that I've done one speed improvement too much. I must have killed a urgent needed plot group update. No problem so far.

Hello friends.
Is it possible to make a super-super-slow speed of the game as in Vas_Mod?

Installation
Spoiler :
1) Unzip http://vas.civfanatics.ru/vas_mod/0.60/Vas_mod_0.60.zip in a folder with mods
2) If not set modes RevolutionDCM, http://vas.civfanatics.ru/vas_mod/0.60/RevolutionDCM.zip unzip the folder My Documents \ My Games \ Beyond the sword. If the set - then the folder with the settings RevolutionDCM already have.

Short description
Spoiler :
Vas_Mod - it's a long game - 3000 or 6000 moves, allowing full play every epoch, to assess the characteristics of all units and buildings, an interesting realization of religions, which make a very responsible approach to their selection, the slow treatment, complicating management of the wars of conquest and designed to focus more on politics, naturally new units and buildings, new resources, an ocean storm.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I use Google-translator.

Welcome. :)

The slowest game speed in CCV has got 3940 turns. Do really want more? The game speed is available in the custom game settings.

Thank you, Thomas.

In Vas_mod infantry has the form: warrior - soldier - axeman - swordsman - Superior sworsman - longswordsman - heavy swordsman.
I make a lot of warriors and lead the war. Invent soldier, the best warriors upgrade to the soldiers, make many new soldiers and lead the war. Invent axeman, and so on
It is important that each type I have time to build a lot units and I have a lot of time on the war before the invention of the next form.

At a standard level of complexity in your mod I invent axeman and a lot of them do not have time to build, as already invent swordsman.

Thank you, Thomas.

In Vas_mod infantry has the form: warrior - soldier - axeman - swordsman - Superior sworsman - longswordsman - heavy swordsman.
I make a lot of warriors and lead the war. Invent soldier, the best warriors upgrade to the soldiers, make many new soldiers and lead the war. Invent axeman, and so on
It is important that each type I have time to build a lot units and I have a lot of time on the war before the invention of the next form.

At a standard level of complexity in your mod I invent axeman and a lot of them do not have time to build, as already invent swordsman.

I see your point. But the swordsman is no upgrade for the axeman! Both should be in use at the same time. Axemen are the counter unit to swordsmen (although available earlier) as well as macemen are the counter unit to longswordsmen. It's similar to spearmen against chariots and horsemen or pikemen against cuirassiers. CCV has no upgrade line like the Vas_mod, CCV still follows the stone-paper-scissors rule.

Sorry friend, you did not understand me :) My ignorance of the language prevents convey their thoughts :(

How many turns you need after the invention of swordsmen, to invent longswordsmen? 40? 60?
Vas_mod feature is that there must be 200 (for example) turns. That's the difference.

Such a long mode I wanted to see in the CCV.

Top Bottom