Modding CCV

karl130

Chieftain
How can i mod CCV myself, I want to improve it my way. For example when i copy BuildingInfos to My Documents, then back-up it and begin to change the file (for example the cost of Obelisk to 100) then delete the file from the Mod and copy my own changed file to the /Assets/XML/Buildings (or smth) folder and open CCV (run as administrator or else it doesn't work) then i get lots of errors... In usual Civ IV BTS i could do whatever i wanted.

(i have a request too, make building costs higher as usually i have built all the buildings i could build that time by Middle-Ages... i always have to swap between Research and new discovered buildings, that's annoying in larger maps...)

I could change all the units and promotions but i can't do the same with buildings... Maybe i do smth wrong every time...

Also, how can i remove a feature from CCV and copy it to original Civ IV BTS (i like these Dynamic Borders but i also want to put them together with a mod where were Dynamic Traits).

Thank you in advance!

How can i mod CCV myself, I want to improve it my way. For example when i copy BuildingInfos to My Documents, then back-up it and begin to change the file (for example the cost of Obelisk to 100) then delete the file from the Mod and copy my own changed file to the /Assets/XML/Buildings (or smth) folder and open CCV (run as administrator or else it doesn't work) then i get lots of errors... In usual Civ IV BTS i could do whatever i wanted.
How about trying something diffrent than? Copy BuildingInfos to My Documents as your backup and just plain edit the original file in the CCV folder and save that.

Also, how can i remove a feature from CCV and copy it to original Civ IV BTS (i like these Dynamic Borders but i also want to put them together with a mod where were Dynamic Traits).
These features are modified in the .dll file. You would have to get the CCV source code (the uncompiled dll) and merge the bit you want with the base civ source code and than compile your new DLL with these merged features. It's not exactly a beginner friendly procedure either.

Top Bottom