Leman Russ Battle Tank - Unit Preview

Beautiful Work there Muffins :goodjob:
Though maybe instead of a redish Lascannon Fire Maybe use a blueish fire and in a single burst. and I agree with Zulu that it would be cooler to see the Autocannons on the Exterminator do a double sweep. :cool:

Thanks for doing my request Muffins :love:
Here is another shot of the Mars pattern

Attachments

• Ryzalr2.jpg
    Ryzalr2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 140
Klyde182 said:
Thanks for doing my request Muffins :love:
Here is another shot of the Mars pattern
I believe I said "I might cut and paste bits of various tanks and cut and paste the model into an existing animation." ... maybe I should have made the "might" ten feet tall or something. :)

Running into problems right now. Spent three hours trying to make a believeable gunflash for the Destroyer ... and the simplest one turned out best :rolleyes: *** groans ***

@Zulu - sheeeash :rolleyes: . o O (blinking non-unit makers) the rate of fire will be whatever I decide to set the animation speed at with FLICster when I finally export the Civ-flics

Attack 1 below :rolleyes: Explorer is rubbish at displaying animated gifs properly so save it to your hard-drive and open it there

Sorry, I didn't mean to nag you. But...:)p) as far as the autocannon firing animation goes, do you think that you could have the gun firing right up until the last frame? That way there would be no pause in firing if we decided to just use that animation as the sole attack.

zulu9812 said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to nag you. But...:)p) as far as the autocannon firing animation goes, do you think that you could have the gun firing right up until the last frame? That way there would be no pause in firing if we decided to just use that animation as the sole attack.
I'm trying to keep the final zipped sizes of these units low. One of my Warhounds was very near the 3mb upload limit because it had 24 frames in the run animation and 20 in the death and a similar amount in all the other animations. With the Leman Russ I'm trying to keep to a 10-frame rule per animation. I'll see what I can do with changing the gun-fire but it may not be posible (I can't add frames to the attack animation without then shifting ALL animations for ALL the models and effects in all the following animations (I animate everying on one long animation strip)). I'll try though.

:crazyeye: . o O (Why do people ask me to change the animatons AFTER I've finished them?)

You know, Muffins, you can always do what I do when somebody complains over a dumb mundane detail.... Tell 'em to Get Over It.

ozymandias said:
... hmmm ... the textures are nice, but the plain colors seem to show off the details of the unit better IMO.

-Oz

True, perhaps a comparison ingame would be better? If that's possible of course :)

Mix and match. You're doing Eight, right? Do four with textures and four with soild colours. The World War I tank. The Romans, Babylionians , Celts, Illyriuans, Palmyrains, and everyone else who doesn't have a WWI tank will appreciate it :D

I was working on the last Leman Russ (well, I might to that 9th requested Leman Russ ... we'll see) when I heard a hissing sound.

I looked up and MY TANK MELTED!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol:

I'm going detach the turret and have it sag into the hull in the final animation

... you would not believe how long it took to do that ... a recoloured and retextured and keyframed model for EVERY frame :coffee:

That's a really good idea! I don't think anyone's done that yet - cool. But rather than it melting flat like that, could it melt irregularly into slag? If that's too much work, don't worry - what you've got is fine.

:eek: GDANBNANFNNXZJJK!!! AWESOME! Way Cool! Oh Man! Sweet! COOL! :eek:

Would look odd if it was defeated by a spearman, though :spear: :D

Oh, and I'd say go without the textures - it obscures the details on such a small model.

P.S. Love the death animation on the WWI tank - that tread flying off looks really...cool (I think that I must be starting the devalue the currency of that word now when it comes to your units!)

Top Bottom