GiantGuineaPig's 2nd Pitboss game!

that's right, I will be putting a password on the game too, and when it goes live I will PM everyone with the details.

I agree, as long as each player puts a password on their own civ (which is a good idea anyway) I don't think there's much need to have one on the game - it just slows down the logging on process.

In normal online games my PC freezes when I go into diplomacy.

I'm wondering how diplomacy works in Pitboss games seeing as the person is not there to actually reply. Does it send off a request, and then they get a message when they log on?

GenSeed said:
In normal online games my PC freezes when I go into diplomacy.

I'm wondering how diplomacy works in Pitboss games seeing as the person is not there to actually reply. Does it send off a request, and then they get a message when they log on?

That's correct :)

OK I won't put a password on the main game too :)

This is now live. I will PM you all the IP, no password. Please password your civ though! any queries u can jump on msn and msg me on adammm81 at hot mail dot com

Edit: actually I'll just email you all :) that will also test that I have your email addy correct in the notify program, msg me somehow asap if you don't receive this.

Refer to the main post, those with random civs check your number, and count that many civs down - that's your civ! don't just pick one anywhere because its probably someone else's civ

Hi GiantGuineaPig, can i be in this game too?
My preference for leader is ghandi/mansa musa/huyana cupec in that order

btw i cant log on to the old game just now, seems to be taking me to the new game
edit: nm i can log in to the old game fine now :)

notagoodname said:
Hi GiantGuineaPig, can i be in this game too?
My preference for leader is ghandi/mansa musa/huyana cupec in that order

btw i cant log on to the old game just now, seems to be taking me to the new game

Try putting :2056 at the end of the IP address.. i was fiddling around a bit, hopefully its ok now anyway?

Edit: I'll take the game down a bit for further testing first and add you - sorry everyone will be up soon.

Because someone can't manage to release PitBoss with working email notification in the program - there are a lot of glitches with PitBoss and pbnotify. I can't run 2 lots of 2 on 1 pc, and I can't run 1 on each pc and the run civ because it stuffs up the settings.

So it is up, but currently there is no email notification.

Edit *sigh* ok it's up and email notification on. Please anyone with issues add me to msn, because I can use you to help troubleshoot anything :) good luck everyone

You should edit the first post to put in which Civ everyone is. Just to avoid confusion and make sure people 'counting down' the list don't screw up. Since they might miscount if there is someone logged into the game when they're logging in.
Also, so all of the rest of us know what Civ's people have.

Wow. Being the absent-minded kid I am, I accidentally chose Greeks as my Civilization instead of the Romans. I realized this just after i built my first city. I'm really sorry to whoever wanted to be the Greeks. I'm sorry to everyone for being so careless.

Are everyone's starting positions as crazy as mine? I was on a lake in the middle of tundra and ice!

I think one of you guys who chose a random civ should be the Romans because i was supposed to use them but i accidentally started playing as the Greeks.

I'll check this out as soon as I get home. The map is Fantasy Realm, Crazy. From what I've seen, it pretty much means completely random terrain. Also, there will be 8 resources missing, but all other resources will be very common.

I'm sure if you've built a city for someone else, since it's the first turn, they'd build it there anyway. If anyone is really against this, send me a PM and at worst we can restart the game. You don't get an idea where the other civ is anyway, because of the small view and random terrain.

Original post update for randoms. I've kicked those of you who chose the wrong civ, please choose the correct one as per the original post now. Sorry for any confusion!

All civs has been taken. We should consider to use passwords in this games.

I see Pennywise took two civs. He took Spain and Roman. I should have one of those, preferably Spanish.

Sorry I thought we were supposed to take the civ that was edited in the first post. you should be able to take Rome now. I think. :confused:

Top Bottom