Considering starting a PTBS 24 hr game based on Earth 1000 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
agemo said:
yeah marathon will take too long unless we have something likely a weekly power session which is close to impossible with 16 players from all over the world ;)
quick or normal is good :)

OK, it seems like most people want a fast speed, so I will restart the game on the next faster setting up from normal and restart.

crazyjoe0813 said:
I agree with the normal or quick speed... Either is fine with me...

OK, game is restarted now with quick speed.

Its better to reset this stuff now rather than months down the road.

I thought it was getting a bit slow also.

Ok cool, that answers my question... I'm in and ready to go. :)

Screes turn notifier runs seperately from Civstats (I think) and sends an e-mail note to all players when it's time for a new turn....pretty cool, especially with the large number of players here...

I see Asoka is unclaimed would it not be possible to make the unclaimed Civ's AI. Or would this affect anybody claiming him ?

Having the unclaimed civ makes the game go 24 hrs before starting the next turn...slows down turn rate a lot! Arckon, are you expecting a player from the first start claiming Asoka?:scan:

swiss1 said:
Having the unclaimed civ makes the game go 24 hrs before starting the next turn...slows down turn rate a lot! Arckon, are you expecting a player from the first start claiming Asoka?:scan:

What also slows down the turn rate is the fact that not everyone can log in on a certain day.

swiss1 said:

Yes, TELawrence has India, and the computer was down when he was trying to get on and play his turn apparently.

azzaman333 said:
What also slows down the turn rate is the fact that not everyone can log in on a certain day.

Well the availability of the computer should be less of an issue since I have taught my son how to restart the game and he is in school and home more often than his old-fogey father who spends 11+ hours a day working or traveling to/from work.

Our ISP (Verizon) changed our IP yesterday and sometimes that causes the DSL modem to hang up. We then have to turn off or disconnect all the computers on our home LAN and restart the modem so it will re-initiate. This happened yesterday and the kids rebooted everything, including the pitboss. They know better now to simply disconnect it from the network then reconnect it after starting everything back up and/or call me at work if there is any problem.

Running the server is fun, but there have been several unexpected complications to it. As time goes on, there will be fewer and fewer situations like this, but I cannot promise that there will be no more at all.

I promise you I am doing the best I can.

crazyjoe0813 said:
I am currently unable to connect to the server...

Try now, Joe.

The pitboss machine is connected to the internet without a doubt and the dynamic DNS is working with no problems.

Dont know why you cant connect.

Mike and IanDC have logged in in the last two hours, and DanDRidge logged in 6 hours ago.

Check your settings, or something guys.

Have you gotten the DNS to work? You should be using that as the IP changes about every day or other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom