Interest in yet ANOTHER Pitboss game?

Make sure everyone registers on Civstats so you receive email notification.

For those that PM'ed me with your email address but have not taken your civ, please check your email with info on joining the game.

I am wondering where is my email about this, considering that IO sent you the info on Thursday and I have no email as of yet.

my first PitBoss game so i dont know all the details of playing one. Here s 1 question: resets the turntimer itself when everybody played its turn or does it go on until 24 hours are passed even if everybody made his turn?

The turn timer is there to "force" everyone to take a turn within the allowed time. If everyone has taken his turn there is no need to wait, therefor the turn is ended right at the moment the last person hits the end turn button.

Which allows for the last person to take his turn for the next turn right away (in a war situation this is NOT acceptable!)

Which is why it is imperative you read and understand this post about the rules of a Pittboss game.

i'm happy to join if anyone drops out

Excellent -- I'll put you on the reserve list.

We're averaging a little over 17 hours per turn, and there's been no one to miss a single turn (without letting me know in advance), so great job everyone!

Is everyone getting email notifications? Please lemme know if you aren't.

I am not, but have not yet entered it in the game... Dont believe that is needed right??

I am having issues on CivStats getting emails... :(
(see the civstats thread as well, but I am not holding my breath for an answer)

I'll turn on the email notifiy program (that's not attached to
Civstats), and that way you'll get an email notification without going
through Civstats.

Doesnt help much with my other games, so there is no real need to... I just will check every evening like I do my other games :( untill somehow magicaly it gets fixed.

I also changed (this evening) my hotmail account to another ... Hoping that will do the trick and somehow hotmail is throwing a fit. The confirmation email gets thru OK, but not the turn messages.

Anyone else having an issue about civstats & email?

I'm not getting (and do not want) email notifications. Are you using the in-game function for that, or just relying on Civstats? My civstats is working, I just have that preferance disabled.

Yeah, I'm using CivStats. My normal email uses an unusual port, so the normal Pitboss doesn't work well with it.

Anyone else having an issue about civstats & email?
It seems to be a Hotmail issue somehow as I am getting emails now at my new address...

I wouldnt need emails if all games were as steady as this one. The others go down and/or not allways everyone does their turn, causing the turn to last >24 hours. Thus sometimes jumping a day or even some days at a time.
Not having the email would cause me to log in a lot or checking Civstats a lot. Having the email (which I check regular for other stuff too) just triggers my visits :)

I knew it, as soon as I mentioned everyone's taken their turn, we have someone who is on the verge of missing theirs. :-(

I do belive that would have been me. Its not an issue as I had given enough orders for my units (all 17 modern tanks :p ) to cover it.

I didn't realise that the turns moved when everybody had taken their go instead of the 24hours :blush:

I do belive that would have been me. Its not an issue as I had given enough orders for my units (all 17 modern tanks :p ) to cover it.

I didn't realise that the turns moved when everybody had taken their go instead of the 24hours :blush:

No biggie, basman. Are you getting email notifications? If not, lemme know and I'll make sure we get you hooked up. It's hard to take your turn when you don't know you're supposed to be taking it. :)

It seems to be a Hotmail issue somehow as I am getting emails now at my new address...

I wouldnt need emails if all games were as steady as this one. The others go down and/or not allways everyone does their turn, causing the turn to last >24 hours. Thus sometimes jumping a day or even some days at a time.
Not having the email would cause me to log in a lot or checking Civstats a lot. Having the email (which I check regular for other stuff too) just triggers my visits :)

Did you check if hotmail spontaneously decided that they were Spam? And started moving them to the spam folder? You could check your spam settings too... :D

Too bad I didn't see this one in time, I would have joined. :)

Top Bottom