R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

What do you think about the idea of garrisoned infantry adding their full strength to a city's defense? Right now, garrisoning infantry in a city seems like such a waste.

It's already raised by about 30% from default value (I'm afraid that more will disadvantage the AI that won't know how to take advantage of it)

I noticed that in the small europe 39-45, Italy gets involved in sept 39 and there are no warnings about upcoming declarations of war by your civ.

I noticed that in the small europe 39-45, Italy gets involved in sept 39 and there are no warnings about upcoming declarations of war by your civ.

Ok, I was pretty sure I had alt-history off, but maybe I don't. Stalin just declared war on me too.

Turn 8, no problems yet.

Are there plans to add in unique AA units, like German flakpanzers?

Ok, I was pretty sure I had alt-history off, but maybe I don't. Stalin just declared war on me too.

Turn 8, no problems yet.

You shouldn't be informed when someone declares war on you.

Tested Europe 39 / Alternate history / Deity / Hitler yesterday.

Found that France and UK are really aggressive and have good naval movement. Bombers consequently attack my fleet, especially Bismarck.

I suffer extremely from UK field gun unit. My 3 times promoted Panzer III (2 times +:strength: in rough terrain and +:strength: vs wounded) does 2 dmg on a wounded UK field gun that just landed on a forest tile near Dunkerque (cut of supply line!). My Panzer III was getting 19 dmg counterfire and 5 on attacking. So in total the combat ends with 2 vs 24 dmg done. My two times land promoted Stuka does 2 dmg on bombing. My infantry is also shown with a negative combat result chance. There is absolutely no way to kill a fortified field gun unit in regiment with something else when even a surrounded and cut of supply line unit is that impossible to kill.

Game braking change. I can't wait to build heavy tanks to overwhelm a stupid field gun. I think some adjustments have to be done here, honestly.

Artillery was extremely important in battle and it makes it possible to fight in early France.
I do think that feild guns should take some changes or maybe Tanks get a slight bonus against ranged? Anyway, it reduces reliance on tanks.

I've already reduced field guns bonus to tanks to 50% (was 100%) in development version.

I also want to make counter-preparation fire something that is related to some promotions (with 2-3 levels) with a low chance to perform counter-preparation without the promotions.

In melee combat vs infantry, the field gun should take heavy damage (and share damage with light tanks, even with the actual 100% bonus - it's the ranged fire that give it so much of an advantage actually), maybe the combat preview is wrong ?

I was to scared by the devastating defense before and didn't want my infantry to be sacrificed ^^

BTW, are there options to scale the allowed numbers of battleships with the number of conquered countries?

I think it is realistic that some Enemies could have been able so support more battleships eg. if they conquered several other states. With a conquered UK and France Hitler might have been able to supply more than two battleships. He perhaps would have been so stupid to force the construction of an H-Class :rolleyes:

P.S.: Yes, i admit: i love big badass battleships... Just because, the bigger the better. Even goes for fancy battleships... ;-D

ATM I limited Battleships based of the known potential names of sister ships (provided mostly by Danrell)

ATM I limited Battleships based of the known potential names of sister ships (provided mostly by Danrell)

I think this should change, because really, if Hitler had said " I want another Bismark class battleship", I don't think anyone would have told him no, if you know what I mean.
Oh, and a question, will Tank destroyers be regement units like artilery, or there own seperate divisions?

"regiments". Heavy tanks, Tank Destroyers, Assault Guns, Mobile Artillery, Mobile AA, ...

edit: If you want more battleships, I want more names :D

"regiments". Heavy tanks, Tank Destroyers, Assault Guns, Mobile Artillery, Mobile AA, ...

Heavy tanks? Really? I was kinda hopeing they would be seperate divisions, like they currently are. As for battleships, I'm kinda in the dark. I know that Germany, Italy, and Russia had prototype aircraft carriers, the Germans even made a varient of the BF-109F, the BF-109T, just for carrier use. As for battleships, however, I have no idea :(

Infantry tanks should be regiment units but not heavy tanks.

What about the V1 and V2 rockets. Can the Germans build those later in the game?

Also, is there anyway that the air sweep animation can be sped up or altered? I am already using the x2 aircraft speed mod but the air sweep combats still last 5-10 seconds.

Edit: Also, the bombings of cities takes a while too.

If the Germans get V2, then America gets nukes
VERY UNBALANCED DO NOT RUIN IT!

If the Germans get V2, then America gets nukes
VERY UNBALANCED DO NOT RUIN IT!

Wouldn't be unbalanced at all. They would only get to build two, and the Germans would get nukes too if they were to survive a while longer than '45.:p

Is there any reason why were are not able to make the Panther V? Because I saw it as a unit model in one of Danrall WW2 German units threads.

Is there any reason why were are not able to make the Panther V?
AFAIK there are none, it's already in :D

scenario ? date ?

Because I saw it as a unit model in one of Danrall WW2 German units threads.
And there are still more than 200 units to add from danrell packs. The Tiger II is not added yet for example.

Top Bottom