Anyone have any seeds for cool maps?

Here is one of the best starts i've had...

Map Seed: 846215295

Game Seed: 846215291

play as Spain, 15 civs, 24 city states, huge map, small continents, legendary start, vanella civ6 or w/Vikings see the same at start (I don't have more).

upload_2022-6-5_20-51-55.png

... only downside is it's one big continent so you start out on, so don't pin your hopes for the foreign trade boost or early access to Spain's real powers. There are other continents of course.

Sorry, no 1UPT here. We have stacks of doom.
You know, one of the things about later civs is that while they are definitely MUCH prettier they are not necessarily better.

I loved Civ3's relatively easy mod potential and had been working on a mod of my own that seemed to me to be rather ambitious. Looking at my notes now, years later, well ... it's still looks ambitious ... it sorta still makes sense too. What I wanted to do was to work in "religion" by assigning each civ one of three '"No Era Techs" (monotheism, panthiesm and polythiesm) that affected what sort of buildings or even wonders they could build, reworking the tech tree accordingly along with other tweaks, extend the very early units into a new class of "Auxillery" where a melee unit had a minor ranged ability, branched cavalry between true cavalry v "horse soldier" lineages based on your civ, and tried to distinguish historically cheaper militia units from the regulars, if light or heavy infantry, by manipulating unit hit points (militia tend to be paper dragons compared to heavy units ... but they cost a lot less).

Also, random aside, I really miss Civ2's advisors. Just think what could be done today? They could turn interacting with them into a mini game within the game in its own right.

Top Bottom