How does religious art work?

Makavcio

Prince
In over 1.000 of hours played, I've never chosen "religious art" belief. Until tonight! It's supposed to add 5 culture and 5 tourism to "hermitages". I expected that it would boost holly sites, but they were not changed.

What does this belief do?

It does what it says - building the Hermitage National Wonder (which unlocks at Architecture and requires Opera Houses in every city) will grant +5 Culture and +5 Tourism in the city where the Hermitage was built.

Damn. Now it dawned on me.
That's what I get for switching languages in game all the time :]
Thanks.

though it does sound like a garbage belief.

If your religion is going to be spread far and wide (tithe, pilgrimage) taking weaker follower beliefs can hedge you from the AI using your religion against you. Religious art is one of them and amounts to essentially two free great works and a bonus.

On one game I didn't have too much of a religion game going, but had enough faith early on to squeak in a religion. I chose Hermitage (among other beliefs), kept the religion in my capital, left an inquisitor there to keep it safe, and let another religion spread to my other other cities. Only took one prophet spread all game to keep the pressure from changing the capital.

Top Bottom