[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

also is there any way you could pack and post it the old fashioned way? the self extracting .exe seems to screwed up my bluemarble install.

Dale,

Will the Combined Arms Stack Attack Mod be added to this mod?

Yes. :)

Hi Dale!
I'm on Bts 3.13, and your fantastic mod seems to refuse to run. It's well in the /Bts/mods, yet it doen't begin to run. "Excuse Windows for the mistake, send an error message.."

Check if you have anything in CustomAssets, and move temporarily to test it. Also check that a DLL file exists at ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\DalesCombatMod\Assets\

haha, from the looks of it I think we all are going crazy for the combo effect. When you do add in ranged bombardment you might as well throw in archery while your at it since every one seems to like that combo. I'm a fan of JFortZoC and influence driven combat but I know those are not yours so I can add them in myself.

There's a couple of things I disagree with in JFortMod, but there's some other components I'm looking at for this mod. Besides, my OpportunityFire mod does the ZOC and "damage" thing. :)

The next version of DCM will include:

1. CivChanger
2. RangedBombard
3. CASA (in its initial stages)
4. OpportunityFire
5. Updated BombingMissions 1.2

I hope to have it out in a few days. :)

The next version of DCM will include:

1. CivChanger
2. RangedBombard
3. CASA (in its initial stages)
4. OpportunityFire
5. Updated BombingMissions 1.2

I hope to have it out in a few days. :)

Please don't forget: :help:

6. Archery Barrage

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

DCM 1.1 is now released!

Lots of new goodies to play with. :D

See first post for details.

How hard would this mod be to combine with the Wolfshanze units?

That would be nice

Dale,

As usual, great work! :goodjob: You completed this update so fast, I was still in the middle of play testing the last version. Wow!

Only two problems I found with the Version 1.1 download: :(

1. Download did not include the original files to create the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file.

2. Download did not include the :bts: Archery Barrage feature/capability.

V/R,

Dale,

As usual, great work! :goodjob: You completed this update so fast, I was still in the middle of play testing the last version. Wow!

Thanks. :)

Only two problems I found with the Version 1.1 download: :(

1. Download did not include the original files to create the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file.

Cuz CASA is still in beta, I didn't want to release the source yet. If there's a particular reason why the source is needed I can upload it, but the speed I'm pumping stuff out at the moment you might as well wait the couple of days till its finished. ;)

2. Download did not include the :bts: Archery Barrage feature/capability.

V/R,

I've looked over Archery Barrage and I'm not convinced its a good concept for the standard game. In a standard game one tile is measured in kilometers (usually 100 meaning the max distance from adjacent plot is 50 kms) whilst the best longbows could only reach a couple hundred yards. I fail to see the reality in an archer unit supposedly barraging over 50 kms into the next tile. ;)

Sorry, but I won't be adding it at this point. I want to get CASA finished first, then I may do archery barrage as a non-default option.

How hard would this mod be to combine with the Wolfshanze units?

That would be nice

Link me to it, and I'll tell you. :)

holy god dale.....

ill think ill wait for a week before using your mod,

cause you update the version each day or so!

dear lord dales on fire!!!!!

keep it up dude , you rock.

Thanks mate. :D

I spent all day looking for a mod that incorporated all your mods into one. Until I realised I downloaded this and installed it already!

But my question is whether I can use units that I added with your mod? I would assume if I add a unit, that unit would not be incorporated with abilities such as ranged attack or the air missions?

I've looked over Archery Barrage and I'm not convinced its a good concept for the standard game. In a standard game one tile is measured in kilometers (usually 100 meaning the max distance from adjacent plot is 50 kms) whilst the best longbows could only reach a couple hundred yards. I fail to see the reality in an archer unit supposedly barraging over 50 kms into the next tile. ;)

Actually the weapon of archery, the Bow, is defined as a type of early artillery. It is a weapon that fires a projectile at the enemy; in this case the arrow. Here are some different approximate ranges for early artillery:

............................Range
Item.................Ave.........Max
Bow..............70M-80M.......100M
Longbow........165-320M......450M
Crossbow.......180-340M......450M
Ballista..........275M-300M....500M
Catapult........300M-400M....650M
Trebuchet......275M-300M....400M

As you can see a good longbow can nearly match the range of the more powerful artillery, like the trebuchet; which fires very heavy projectiles. The idea behind these weapons is to kill the enemy, with a projectile from a safe distance. Picture the movie brave heart, where the archers launched a barrage of arrows high into the air and when they came down, many of the arrows injured or killed some of the enemy forces, who failed to shield themselves. The range of the powerful trebuchet is far short of 50 kms, yet it gets a one square bombardment range. IMO, if the trebuchet gets a one square range, then so should the bow, the longbow and the crossbow.

Because the bow is considered a weapon of early artillery, I believe archery barrage should have it's rightful place in your combat mod. :D

Very Respectfully,

There is another reason, but I don't want to go into it here.

You have this listed:

The current version is DCM v1.1 for BtS 3.13
You MUST have the BtS 3.13 patch installed to run DCM.

Please visit the forum thread for the latest details: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=257210

its the same as the page its on already, 1st post?

Top Bottom