A pantheon was found after enhancing religion

myclan

King
I have enhanced my religion, but the Spain still found its pantheon, this situation has occurred before I installed the BNW, is there something wrong with my game?

Below is the save before the turn the Spain has found its pantheon.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0101 BC-0350.rar
    677.9 KB · Views: 52
I've seen this too, at least in G&K. At least the way I read the in game descriptions, it seems to clearly say once a religion is enhanced no more pantheons can be founded, yet I've seen it multiple times as well. I wonder if it is a bug or juts a case of poor wording.

I can't check the save game but it's likely there's nothing wrong with your game.

Quoting Civilopedia:

"Note that players will no longer be able to found a new Pantheon if another player has already Enhanced their Religion, and the number of active Pantheons matches or exceeds the number of Religions allowable in the current game."

AFAIK, pantheons can still be created until all religion slots are filled.

Yes, but Civilopedia has said:

"Note that players will no longer be able to found a new Pantheon if another player has already Enhanced their Religion, and the number of active Pantheons matches or exceeds the number of Religions allowable in the current game."

I have enhanced my religon already, that's what I'm confused with.

Does the number of active Pantheons exceed the number of religions allowable in the game. It's conjunctive. Both A and B need to be present. Merely enhancing a religion only satisfies A.

I can't check the save game but it's likely there's nothing wrong with your game.

Quoting Civilopedia:

Stange, I don't know what's wrong with my save game.

As for the Civilopedia, I guess the meaning is that we can found more than 5 pantheon ina game(Standard map, which only 5 religions are allowed), if there is not a religion that has been enhanced. In my game, 5 religios are all found and mine has been enhanced, but the Spain still found a 6th pantheon.

Stange, I don't know what's wrong with my save game.

As for the Civilopedia, I guess the meaning is that we can found more than 5 pantheon ina game(Standard map, which only 5 religions are allowed), if there is not a religion that has been enhanced. In my game, 5 religios are all found and mine has been enhanced, but the Spain still found a 6th pantheon.

I thought it was half the number of civs, rounded down, as allowable religions. Are you sure only 5 religions are allowed in your game?

Does the number of active Pantheons exceed the number of religions allowable in the game. It's conjunctive. Both A and B need to be present. Merely enhancing a religion only satisfies A.

Yes, in my standard map game it is a 6th pantheon, 5 religions has already been founded. If you could load my game you would see it.

Right. Once a religion is enhanced, there can still be new pantheons created to the maximum amount of allowed religions.

So, if you're playing a "large map", there can be 6 total religions. If someone enhances when only 4 pantheons have been founded total so far, 2 more pantheons can still be founded.

There's also a discrepancy I found in the first couple days of G&K. IF a religion has been enhanced and IF there are no more pantheon slots, IF a civ somehow acquires a great prophet and uses it to found one of the religion slots still available, even if they had no prior pantheon, they now get to pick a pantheon choice when they pick founder and follower beliefs. This is a time-and-cost-effective trick, especially for founding a religion if you're isolated in immortal or deity difficulty. Don't even bother building shrine/temple etc, but rather rush hagia sophia or use your liberty great person as a prophet.

I thought it was half the number of civs, rounded down, as allowable religions. Are you sure only 5 religions are allowed in your game?

Yes, in standard map game(8 players 16 city-state), only 5 religions are allowed, the religion overview also told me that the religion still can be found is 0.

Yes, in standard map game(8 players 16 city-state), only 5 religions are allowed, the religion overview also told me that the religion still can be found is 0.

Not to be a snert, but the term is "founded", as in foundation. You're not "finding the religion". You're "founding" the religion.

Right. Once a religion is enhanced, there can still be new pantheons created to the maximum amount of allowed religions.

So, if you're playing a "large map", there can be 6 total religions. If someone enhances when only 4 pantheons have been founded total so far, 2 more pantheons can still be founded.

There's also a discrepancy I found in the first couple days of G&K. IF a religion has been enhanced and IF there are no more pantheon slots, IF a civ somehow acquires a great prophet and uses it to found one of the religion slots still available, even if they had no prior pantheon, they now get to pick a pantheon choice when they pick founder and follower beliefs. This is a time-and-cost-effective trick, especially for founding a religion if you're isolated in immortal or deity difficulty. Don't even bother building shrine/temple etc, but rather rush hagia sophia or use your liberty great person as a prophet.
I totally understand now, thank you very much!

That is interesting. According to the save file you uploaded there were five founded religions (yours is the only one enhanced), and no more religions can be founded (typical for Standard sized map). Spain has no pantheon at the beginning of the turn, but if you click "next turn" they found their pantheon.

I suspect that is because they founded their pantheon on the same turn that you enhanced. Since the human player always goes first on a turn, the "turn" is not completed until the other civs, CSs and barbs (in that order) make their moves for that turn.

I surmise that the "blocker" for founding further pantheons doesn't apply until all civs complete the turn on which a religion is enhanced. So Spain snuck in under the wire. One more turn and she would have been out of luck.

I find I have mistaken your meaning, the problem still exist. In my case, only 5 religions are allowed, and they all have been founded, so 5 active pantheon are also have been founded, while Spain has founded a 6th panthon.

That is interesting. According to the save file you uploaded there were five founded religions (yours is the only one enhanced), and no more religions can be founded (typical for Standard sized map). Spain has no pantheon at the beginning of the turn, but if you click "next turn" they found their pantheon.

I suspect that is because they founded their pantheon on the same turn that you enhanced. Since the human player always goes first on a turn, the "turn" is not completed until the other civs, CSs and barbs (in that order) make their moves for that turn.

I surmise that the "blocker" for founding further pantheons doesn't apply until all civs complete the turn on which a religion is enhanced. So Spain snuck in under the wire. One more turn and she would have been out of luck.

Not the same turn actully, I have enhanced my religion several turns before.

Perhaps my recollection is wrong (I can recheck when I get home tonight), but I recall that your enhancement notification was on screen when I fired up the save, then hit next turn and AI founded their pantheon on that turn.

I just started playing again after BWN and I'm finding the religion system a lot more consistent now (better linked to culture and trades, as it should be).

Anyway, since it's been quoted a few times already:

Quoting Civilopedia:

That's an AND, BOTH conditions must be triggered.

Following that, what happened in your game makes sense if:

-Spain founded a pantheon in the same turn as (or before) the last religion slot was filled by another civ

or

-Spain founded a pantheon in the same turn as you enchanced your religion

Top Bottom