Which Civ wins the most medals in London Olympics ;)

Yeah, that was my thought. Rome includes England, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Croatia, Slovenia, Albania, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, and a few other countries I'm missing. While Mongolia had a larger empire, those countries don't necessarily have that many medals, with the exception of China.

Another candidate is the Arabs, if you include them at their height to include Spain.

ETA: I forgot about Russia under the Mongols. Yeah, the Mongols probably do win.

But AT THE TIME OF THEIR LEADER (Rome)! So I would't agree Rome would have all those countries you mentioned in Civ5(?). Mongolia at Genghis Khan on the other hand does have those countries mentioned above...

But AT THE TIME OF THEIR LEADER (Rome)! So I would't agree Rome would have all those countries you mentioned in Civ5(?). Mongolia at Genghis Khan on the other hand does have those countries mentioned above...

OK, take out the United Kingdom, but all the remaining countries are there best as I can tell once Egypt fell (before Augustus was even called Augustus). If the criticism is the levant, they were the de facto ruler even if there still were client kingdoms at this point.

Hey, if my memory isn't completely screwed i think that it's Elizabeth for England.

And I meant SINGLE point for each civ5-Civ. "Immediate successor, well forget about that. I think you SHOULD count Civ5's Mongolian (GENGHIS KHAN) Civ for China, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Tadzhikistan, Afganistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan! Did he go as far as Hungary???
Correct me if I missed some other civs! Georgia? Azerbaidzan? Armenia? Even Ukraine??? Then Mongolian Civ is the ÜBER-Winner of this thread over USA and China!

The Mongols also conquered Persia, Armenia, much of Turkey, Russia, Korea, Northern India and part of Pakistan (but did not keep India and Pakistan), Burma, Iraq, Ukraine, korea, and maybe part of Poland, but not Hungary.

Map of Mongol empire http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Mongol_dominions1.jpg

I realize that this is not going to be the most popular choice for a country, but has anyone totaled the number of medals for Germany and the territory it controlled during the early part of the twentieth century? At a rough estimate (including Russia and Ukraine) it is about 200 medals. Russia is debatable, but most of the European states were under German control.

I realize that this is not going to be the most popular choice for a country, but has anyone totaled the number of medals for Germany and the territory it controlled during the early part of the twentieth century? At a rough estimate (including Russia and Ukraine) it is about 200 medals. Russia is debatable, but most of the European states were under German control.

I don't think you can include Russia in that, as they never controlled more than a fraction of it.

Also the Civ leader is Bismark, not Hitler (thankfully)...

with this theory, any european state with ANY german ancestry (inculding anglo saxons) would fall in this reasoning..

Again DUDES! AT.THE.TIME.OF.CIV5'S.LEADER!!!

So if anyone would count Aug.Caesars Rome-medals we would get the final result, finally! Agree that USA wins bronze then, after Mongolia/Rome (whichever of them wins gold or silver) ?

Denmark Gets England. Lets see who can beat that!

I think it would be cool to incorporate Olympics in Civ... have it to do in part with promotions in your units by era, and competitions could increase/decrease cs influence, growth, economy, research, etc. improvements punctually

Top Bottom