Carrier-based aircrafts ?

clamel

Prince
This subject has been around for years, so you might have looked (or known) about this stunning stuff.

The threads about having aircrafts able to land or not on carriers have been thrilling and used in many scenarios and mods.

This video-clib surely makes my eyes pop up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjNyQvhsQE8

OK the Mitchell bombers did almost something similar in WW2 and this stuff makes me sit back and think on how to use aircrafts to carriers in upcoming mods/scenarios

That test was a while back. It would now be easier to do something like that as the carriers are considerably larger. The Navy also tested using P-2 Neptune aircraft off of carriers in the 1950s for use as emergency nuclear bombers. For a long time, a P-2 named the "Truculent Turtle" held the long-distance non-stop refueling record of over 11,000 miles.

I do think, or believe, that the C-130 didn´t have any troops onboard. So it was a light version, but then if they had a "stick" when taking off it surely had dropped them before getting back to the carrier.

Whatever the C-130 couldn´t have been stored below I think, so it is not very feasible to think on permitting these aircrafts to carriers.
Then in CivIII terms a unit with permission to load other units could not be loaded itself, so case closed IMHO.

Fun clip just the same.....:eek:

I do think, or believe, that the C-130 didn´t have any troops onboard. So it was a light version, but then if they had a "stick" when taking off it surely had dropped them before getting back to the carrier.

Whatever the C-130 couldn´t have been stored below I think, so it is not very feasible to think on permitting these aircrafts to carriers.
Then in CivIII terms a unit with permission to load other units could not be loaded itself, so case closed IMHO.

Fun clip just the same.....:eek:

The idea was to use the carrier to extend the range of the C-130, and if needed, use RATO to get the loaded aircraft off. That was before aerial refueling of transports became widely used. All of the Air Force aerial tankers were dedicated to the Strategic Air Command, which was a bit reluctant to loan them out.

Top Bottom