Ares de Borg's Terrain Pack II: Open Beta!

Special thanks to master ronning and his outstanding grass texture that much of this modification is based upon.

Special thanks for the master ronning and his outstanding grass texture that which much of this modification is based upon.

I've just checked it in-game and that texture is beautiful indeed. Very nice improvement on an already great work :goodjob:

Wow looks fantastic. I like Ronning's terrain a lot and used it as a base for my personal terrain mod that is a work in progress, but I may just switch to your terrain now. The grassland was one of the reasons I liked Ronning's terrain so much in the first place and it's cool to see it with your terrain.

The addition of Ronning´s grasland makes your great terrain even greater. Civ 3 players can be very glad to have the choice between - at least - three wonderful sets of terrain, where newer versions of the Civ-series not even have one.

Thank you very much Ares! :)

Thanks a lot, gentlemen! I'm very happy to see Big Bopper using my newest terrain for his Swedish Empire Scenario, so be sure to check it out. :)

Hi Ares de Borg,

first point: I really like your terrain and it looks great, ...

... but I had to deinstall it after some trials. :(

I am partly colorblind (no idea if it is called that way in the english language) and I have problems to tell the ocean and sea apart. A solution could be to make the ocean darker to save many sailors... ;)

Coast and sea I can tell apart.

I had also send several times a worker to the same spot to irrigate the "desert", each time discovering that the place is plains, which had been allready irrigated and now looks like desert. :confused:

Now I am back to Womoks terrain with your mountains, vulcanos, roads, railroads, forests, jungles and most of the terrain buildings. Sorry! :blush:

But I am looking forward (and will!) test the next version. ;)

I had also send several times a worker to the same spot to irrigate the "desert", each time discovering that the place is plains, which had been allready irrigated and now looks like desert. :confused:

Well, you should try right-clicking on a square to see whether it is desert or not... I have checked Ares latest terrain too and I have to say I don't think irrigated plains look like desert.

I am partly colorblind (no idea if it is called that way in the english language) and I have problems to tell the ocean and sea apart.

Hey Kirejara, thank you for your reply. I'm sorry for your handicap and that you can't use my mod. I didn't realize that the different water colors could be hard to tell apart, even though I wanted the difference to be rather subtle. Maybe it's just a question of usage. To be frank, I'm quite satisfied how it turned out and don't plan to change the water tiles, but I appreciate your comment. :)

Hi,

I do not intend to give up.

I have switched plains irrigation to desert irrigation for better visibility. plains are using now the same irrigation as grassland (and to the right of Chilrimunt is the former plains irrigation that irritated me before ;) ).

Stupid Question: Ocean is lwOOO.pcx and sea is lwSSS.pcx? :blush:
That can not be so difficult for me to turn the Ocean darker.

I know, that you do not want changes in your terrain. My changes are for my personal use only, to allow me to use your beautiful terrain without trouble. I really hope you do not mind.

Stupid Question: Ocean is lwOOO.pcx and sea is lwSSS.pcx? :blush:
That can not be so difficult for me to turn the Ocean darker.
There is also the lwCSO. These are the landmark terrains. The regular terrains have the same names except without the l.

Thanks Blue Monkey,

but I had found out the hard way, that I have difficulties to change the sea to ocean borders ( I believe wCSO.pcx ), since I am unable to tell them apart. :rolleyes:

Despite that, I am using Ares de Borg´s terrain (being very careful with early ship movements ;) ).

Top Bottom