How Do You Trigger Falamar Events?

Alsark

Noble
Alright, so I wanted to play a game as Falamar and get a lot of those Falamar events... so I selected Falamar and made it so every other player was female. I wanted to study later on that day, so I set the game speed to quick so that I could get the game over with (though it has lasted 10+ hours nonetheless). Thing is... I haven't encountered a single Falamar event. Not one. In fact, seldom have I seen any events, except one at the very start that made me lose my technology and then a couple that gave me an obelisk.

Every female is either neutral or good, and most of them are pleased with me, with the exception of Hannah and Rhoanna, who have been at war with me at least once. Nobody has the same religion as me (Octopus Overlords). I don't know if it matters, but my score has consistently been like the third worst in the game (out of about eight).

Turn on 'living world' to double the amount of events.

Also, I'd bet that the way it works, is that when you would normally have a random event, one of those could be a Falamar event. So if you don't have too many events effecting you, it is less likely for his to occur as well.

Quick speed may also not have a multiplier for event occurence, which would further quirk out the system.

You could try removing the xml for the other events, so the Falamar events would be the only ones you could get. It is probably a good idea to back up the old CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml if you go this route.

You said that they were pleased with you? It looks like they need to be "Friendly" to trigger the pron events.

One of them was friendly with me - and still is, but the events never triggered. I'm almost done with the game now... and still nothing.

I could "cheat" to get the events, but I'd rather get them naturally. Though I would consider activating "lively world" not to be cheating, so I may do that on my next play-through.

Thanks for the replies! :)

Can you get these "pron" events if you are a female leader who is friendly towards our charming pirate? :)

Al

@Alsark: I would think it's chance, or some events aren't working right. I had them with Faeryl and Valledia, then decided to see more of them. Got a map full of (other) ladies, spread Order everywhere, got them all friendly, but still no event.

@Alsark: I would think it's chance, or some events aren't working right. I had them with Faeryl and Valledia, then decided to see more of them. Got a map full of (other) ladies, spread Order everywhere, got them all friendly, but still no event.

Yeah, evidently, the events must be pretty rare.

Top Bottom