imperator1961 WIP

Could Akbar be used for India, or should India use something else?
I'd say he most definitely can!
Akbar reigned 1556 - 1605. Slightly early for Napoleonic era, imho. By the BEIC era - that's British East India Co. - the Mughals were pretty far into their decline. One of the Mysores ( like Tipu Sultan) or Marathas would do better. But this was a period when the many small "princely states" were played off one against the other by the Eoropeans. There wasn't any "India" per se.

Bah, an Elephant is just a bigger cow with longer ears, a tusk, and the horns at the wrong place.

OK, Amigo, I'll start a pot, and we'll see if we can't raise some big money to get you to milk an elephant. ;)

... Unless, of course, you really do mean "ox", as in the Romans, upon first seeing elephants, calling them, "Lucanian Oxen".

:D ,

Oz

Nice preview. What did you decide to do about the NApoleonic artillery which are too big?

I will soon remade all anims without cart and horses, but I want maintain three man. As for Run anims I think to maintain the anims I have just maded.

I think you can keep the 3 men, but you may have to reposition them a little to avoid having one of them too much outside. Especially in the default/fortify

You can keep the run as they are, it's not a problem.

When the unit is moving, or attacking, if it overspill in aonther tile a little it doesn't matter much, as you don't risk to mistake it with another: it's animated and on top!

The problem is when the unit is relatively static, and you may be confused (think it occupies another tile when it doesn't for instance).

I think you can keep the 3 men, but you may have to reposition them a little to avoid having one of them too much outside. Especially in the default/fortify

You can keep the run as they are, it's not a problem.

When the unit is moving, or attacking, if it overspill in aonther tile a little it doesn't matter much, as you don't risk to mistake it with another: it's animated and on top!

The problem is when the unit is relatively static, and you may be confused (think it occupies another tile when it doesn't for instance).

I agree to all.;)

This is a good start on the Indian artillery. I hope you will make use of the images I put together for the EIC era Indian units. As I indicate there I can put together pictures of the some specific artillery types used. Any of the sepoy uniforms would work for artillery units auxiliary to European powers as well.

I'm excited that you're doing this. This looks like a very good start.

These are the things I notice that could use improvement:

1. The mahout's dhoti changes sizes & shapes several times throughout the animation
  2. The tip of the elephant's ear appears & disappears
  3. The trunk should be curled up a bit more. Otherwise it is dragging on the ground.
  4. In some frames the foreleg is noticeably angular. This might be a shortcoming of the model you are working with.
  5. The barding doesn't move at all. Makes it look like it's hard as a board & the elephant is on a see-saw.
  6. The walk is very jerky at this point.

It's early days & you are probably already aware of these issues. Don't be discouraged.

A couple of suggestions:
If you want more civ color a stripe along the edges of the howdah would be suitable, imho. A stripe around the edge of the barding would work as well.
thumbnail

I hope this is going to be a gunpowder unit. We don't have one that's decent at all.
thumbnails

Some short vids at youtube that might help:

This looks promising, but I hope you'll correct and expand the Napoleonic pack relatively soon so I can move forward in the scenario
Yes. Just as soon you finish the elephants so badly needed for industrial era Indian scenarios. :p

Top Bottom