[Developement Thread]Cold War Scenario

civ editor11

Ruler
I'm currently makig a 161 scenario off of the MaxRigaMod using the GEM modern resource map which i cleared with notepad++ and then filled with the MaxRiga civs. I've begun placing cities and borderlines.I'll have some screenshots soon.

These are the 13 civs currently addwed in. I'll be adding some more soon. Please Give me your suggestions.
0 Argentina (J. R. Videla)
1 China (Mao Zedong)
2 Arabia (F. I. Abdalaziz)
3 USA (John F. Kenneddy
4 South Africa (J. Fouche)
5 Bazil (E. G. Medici)
6 NATO (W. Brant)
7 Egypt (A. Nasser)
8 India (I. Ghandi)
9 Canada (G. Diefenbaker)
10 Japan (Y.Nakasone)
11 USSR (L.Brezhnev)
12 United Kingdom (M.Tatcher)

These are the civs I'll try to add in soon:
North Korea (Kim Jong II)
South Korea (Wang Kon)
North Vietnam (Ho Chi Min)
Cuba (Fidel Castro)
These I've added in to the mod just I haven't been able to add them into the scenario yet. That will happen soon.

You can look at the MaxRigaMod's thread page for information on units. Tell me if you have any suggestions. If anyone wants to help please just tell me. I'll be posting it up soon as I get a new version. I'll be constantly updating it so don't worry if the download goes down just check it again about a half hour later.

If not already in, could you add North Korea and South Korea? I think I saw a post of yours saying something about North Korea being in. If so I hope there would be a way to simulate South Korea's great economy, even though they would only have like one city in the game?

Since this is on GEM, will NATO be super strong then? Europe has good resources in the map I believe and NATO would cover a lot of Europe I believe.

Since the UK is being separated from NATO(as it is in the mod itself) Will they be able to hold their own eco wise and stuff compared to NATO? Id assume they can't match NATO, but since its pretty much all of Europe compared to one country...Britain, seems Britain would be a bit underpowered compared to their neighbor, NATO. Though not everything can be perfect I know:)

I think it would be interesting to add in Singapore and Taiwan also. Alongside South Korea, You would have small nations but that are economically powerful. South Korea and Taiwan also have a good military from my understanding. Would be interesting I think to have these nations in, even though they are fairly small I think they are important and like I said, would be interesting.

I think Mexico should be added in.

I think Australia should be added in.

I think some more African countries should be added in. Maybe Nigeria and some others?
(I believe MaxRigaMod already includes Nigeria anyways. And maybe add in the other African countries Max Riga Mod includes.)

I think Israel should be added in.(Its already in MaxRigaMod I think and it has some unique units and stuff already too?)

I think the Middle East should be split up between a few different nations and that Arabia shouldn't represent the entire middle east. (You could have them all have the same unique units though, the ones already includes in MaxRigaMod, so you don't have to do a ton of work, I dunno)

I think Indonesia should be added in.

I think a civ or more... I dunno the exact size of this map...Should be added in to represent the Indochina area? Maybe Vietnam? I dunno.

I think that about covers it:) I think some civs you could just use the same unique units from other civs, like middle east civs could all have the same unique units...Using Units from the mod(Except Israel, which already has its own from the mod and should obviously have diff types of units than say Iran.)

South Korea I think should have a better military than North Korea, better equipped and trained, but the North Korean army is bigger I believe.(Maybe give them better units somehow? Different Unique Units? There might be mods out there for South Korea or Korea unique units and stuff, I dunno.)

Is there any way I could help you on this? If you want or need the help that is.

Why not give Canada and Australia (and possibly South Africa) to the UK? Not entirely accurate, but technically, the Queen of England is still head of state in all of those countries. North and South Korea should definitely be included, as should North and South Vietnam. I would recommend for North and South Vietnam that you include countries allied with them. I believe Laos and Thailand were allied with South Vietnam while Cambodia was allied with North Vietnam. And Cuba was a hotspot for the Cold War. You might want to consider adding Nigeria and Congo as African nations as well. And Israel definitely belongs. Splitting Arabia is a good idea, but it is hard to decide how to do it. I would recommend Afghanistan, Iran, and Iraq at least. I'm sure you are running out of countries. But those are some thoughts to chew on.

The Philippines and Okinawa should be American possessions.

I'll be updating the civ list soon. One question what leaders will all these civs have? I'm not sure how this is going to work, but I want to be able to simulate them having nuclear arms without them on the first turn or two nuking everyone they don't like into oblivion. I think I'm going to have to go into the SDK to make it work. Does anyone know of anything to prevent the AI from doing this? I've only been able to think of some difficult SDK changes like:
Whenever you nuke someone each player has a small chance of declaring war on you. This I might be able to do without to much trouble, but I'm not sure if the AI will understand it.
Working on the AI values for when to nuke someone which i know almost nothing about.
Making a no Nuking treaty that when signed makes the nations that signed it unable to nuke anyone else who signed it. Again on this one I'm not sure if the AI would understand it.

I found another GIANT earth map that will be finished soon so I think I'm going to be using that but It might not have all the resources and everything added in right. It is 160x256 so it is much bigger than the GEM map. Should I usee it when he releases it in a week or less?

use a wwii scenario as base
Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Project & Mod Development > Civ4 - Giant Earth Map Mod
Scenario: 1940AD on GEM

If you look at it it has so many civs that I don't have that It would take me longer to get it to work right then it would take me to add them in through the one I'm currently using.
I found another GIANT earth map that is still in production so I think I might be using that, but it might not have all the resources and everything added in right. It is 160x256 so it is much bigger than the GEM map. Should I use it when he releases it in a week or less? It will mean restarting but I haven't got real far yet. So any ideas anyone?
Yes this is for BTS 3.19 it is the most recent version that most people have patched to including me so I'm using it to build the mod along with the map. I'll be adding much to the MaxRigaMod so that it can create a much better scenario. This scenario is going to be GIGANTIC so just like GEM unless your computer has relatively good speed I wouldn't recommend trying to do this scenario when its finished with units, civs, cities, borders and more.
US will be the main power in North America but it is going to have much of the same diplomatic arrangements as it does in the regular scenario just this one will have more civs to have alliances/war with.
By the way if you want to suggest a civ please tell me the civ name what real life civs it covers for city placement and who leads it or I can't add it in check the first post for whats added in and what will soon be added in.

i like the middle east in 1940 scenario GEM
all civ
also in this mod i can play all scenarios exept
the 34 and 35civ, why

MaxRiga said that those aren't working in the 3.19 version it's said but thats why I'm making this one it might even end up having more than 35 civs if people just tell me what leaders there should be for each civ they want added in.

Some civs already got leaders, like Israel and stuff, others you'll need to add in I guess. Idk much about the nations I want added in though.

well i finally upgraded to the 3.19 patch so i'm ready for the mod when you are ;)

btw its good to get the diplomatic ties correct. in the previous modern day 34 civ scenario released with maxriga there was hardly any diplomatic factors put in. so i for example was germany and france hated me and they declared war on me, i also had italy go to war against me on a later day. in reality those countries should be far friendlier to eachother.

That's why I'm making this so it can be more realististic while increasing onto it's amazing gameplay. It's quite a mod I just want to make it better.
Do you think that I should break up NATO into the seperate countries with defensive pacts/Pernameant Alliances? this would add more civs, and be more realistic.

That's why I'm making this so it can be more realististic while increasing onto it's amazing gameplay. It's quite a mod I just want to make it better.
Do you think that I should break up NATO into the seperate countries with defensive pacts/Pernameant Alliances? this would add more civs, and be more realistic.

It would be better to have them seperate with Defensive Pacts. Does MaxRiga's mod allow for more than 18 Civs? If it doesn't then change it because then you could accurately represent the world. Smaller countries could then be represented by a couple of minor civs like in Rhye's and Fall.

IN THIS MOD the icons are wrong for iron ,etc
the one you post for dawload with GEM scenario

I should be able to have up to 60 civs on the custom DLL I have.
What do you mean this mod The one I'm working on or the regular MaxRigaMod?

I should be able to have up to 60 civs on the custom DLL I have.
What do you mean this mod The one I'm working on or the regular MaxRigaMod?

I'd definitely split Europe up into several countries then.

What version of MaxRiga are you using?
There will definately be better diplomacy, more civs, a bigger map, and possibly more kinds of units.

Can you add Israel and use one of the leaders it has in Max Riga MOD?

I believe Israel is already in Max Riga Mod but I mean can you add it to your scenario.

Israel is small and surrounded by enemies. Id suspect that would be the same in this case on this Giant Earth Map. Maybe you could give them some sort of bonus or make their city good or something? I dunno.

If I played Israel though it would maybe feel weird to me conquering places because in real life Israel is small but strong.

I'm uploading it to atomic gamer now. could you guys find out where i need to place units for 1861. IT'S UP!
http://atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=80988
I had to attach the entire mod folder because since I have an increased size map I'm going to add a few new civs(Cuba, North Korea). so if you use this scenario you must use this version or it will crash.
this remember
all the terrein resourses are empty

Top Bottom