Which Civ wins the most medals in London Olympics ;)

havuoksa

Warlord
Just curious, how this would end. There are many civs that are basically their modern counterparts, England, France, Germany, China, U.S, Russia, Denmark etc. Then there are civs that are larger than their current area, first example Swedish civ will be combined with Finland. This should make some interesting results, if some people would have the effort of combining say, Mayan- and Austrian-Hungarian-total area's medals.

Looking forward if some would combine those civs, but feel free to post total medals of those easier civs (China, USA, England) as well.

This thread -> just for "fun".

EDIT: THIS IS ABOUT THE CIV5' LEADER'S ERA, what modern countries are there on say, Genghis Khan's or William(NED)'s time...

EDIT: FORGET OVERLAPPINGS of Civs, count them as they are in Civ5! Greek civ with Alexander, I would recommend, combine it with modern Macedonia, Turkey, Georgia, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan. (My latest example.)

Well, the number to beat is 41G, 26S, 28B = 95, which is the US team. I don't think that you're going to beat that number.

Greek civ gets Turkey, Iraq, and Iran?

In a game with the Ottomans, Babylon, and Persia?

Not sure how this would really work.

There are too many overlapping regions. Say you counted the Maya but ignored Mexico for the Aztecs - you would have one medal. (The first ever medal in any olympics for Guatemala by the way!)

Or add in Mexico and have 7.

FORGET THE OVERLAPPINGS OF CIVS!

Let Alexander's Greece take that area I mentioned, let Turkey be Turkey etc!

Ottomans: Turkey + Bosnia, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Greece, Albania, Bulgaria.

This would take some effort, let's see how many we got, Olympics are over in a minute!

Not sure how this would really work.

There are too many overlapping regions. Say you counted the Maya but ignored Mexico for the Aztecs - you would have one medal. (The first ever medal in any olympics for Guatemala by the way!)

Or add in Mexico and have 7.

Don't ignore Mexico for Mayans, this is exactly what I mean! And wow, YAY'S for Guatemala, that's 1st page news!

Greek civ gets Turkey, Iraq, and Iran?

In a game with the Ottomans, Babylon, and Persia?

Yes Greeks do get those, as well as Babylon and Persia get the appropriate areas as they are in the game.

Mongolia maybe? They conquered vast region including china.

Oh wait. china is excluded :)

NO CHINA IS NOT EXCLUDED (read my 1st post). That was incredible! Now I think Mongolia during is it Genghis Khan(?) will win this thread 100-0, Cheers for you! Just count in the countries that Mongolia was in Civ5, Mongolia, CHINA, plus plus plus! MAN, THIS, is what i meant by we will get "some interesting results". Please count in the medals of all those countries! :worship:

So it's literally impossible for any of those 2 civs to beat greece then?

Sure it is, but still it would be fun to see how many medals civ5 Babylonia and Persia would get.

NO CHINA IS NOT EXCLUDED (read my 1st post). That was incredible! Now I think Mongolia during is it Genghis Khan(?) will win this thread 100-0, Cheers for you! Just count in the countries that Mongolia was in Civ5, Mongolia, CHINA, plus plus plus! MAN, THIS, is what i meant by we will get "some interesting results". Please count in the medals of all those countries! :worship:

But that's silly. Genghis Khan had only conquered a small part of China when he died. How could you possibly give him credit for all of China?

But that's silly. Genghis Khan had only conquered a small part of China when he died. How could you possibly give him credit for all of China?

Oh then it's my bad, but didn't he or his successor conquer Beijing and the most important of China??

Then there are the other modern countries of 2012 that Genghis K.conquered...

Oh then it's my bad, but didn't he or his successor conquer Beijing and the most important of China??

OK, but I think that we have to pick a single point in time for each civilization. I figured that going with the time that the Civ V leader was in charge would work.

Then there are the other modern countries of 2012 that Genghis K.conquered...

Yeah, but you'll have a hard time beating the US with a coalition that doesn't include China, Great Britain, or Russia. I suppose that Genghis Khan had part of China and part of Russia, but he didn't have very much of either. You might have better luck with the British Empire under Victoria!

OK, but I think that we have to pick a single point in time for each civilization. I figured that going with the time that the Civ V leader was in charge would work.

Yeah, but you'll have a hard time beating the US with a coalition that doesn't include China, Great Britain, or Russia. I suppose that Genghis Khan had part of China and part of Russia, but he didn't have very much of either. You might have better luck with the British Empire under Victoria!

Hey, if my memory isn't completely screwed i think that it's Elizabeth for England.

And I meant SINGLE point for each civ5-Civ. "Immediate successor, well forget about that. I think you SHOULD count Civ5's Mongolian (GENGHIS KHAN) Civ for China, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Tadzhikistan, Afganistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan! Did he go as far as Hungary???
Correct me if I missed some other civs! Georgia? Azerbaidzan? Armenia? Even Ukraine??? Then Mongolian Civ is the ÜBER-Winner of this thread over USA and China!

Hey, if my memory isn't completely screwed i think that it's Elizabeth for England.

And I meant SINGLE point for each civ5-Civ. "Immediate successor, well forget about that. I think you SHOULD count Civ5's Mongolian (GENGHIS KHAN) Civ for China, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Tadzhikistan, Afganistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan! Did he go as far as Hungary???
Correct me if I missed some other civs! Georgia? Azerbaidzan? Armenia? Even Ukraine??? Then Mongolian Civ is the ÜBER-Winner of this thread over USA and China!

So you're saying to pick any moment of time rather than the time that the Civ 5 leader ruled?

And yes, it is Elizabeth. I'm not sure why I was thinking Victoria. I'm pretty sure that England would still win, though. You have to give them the US, of course.

So you're saying to pick any moment of time rather than the time that the Civ 5 leader ruled?

And yes, it is Elizabeth. I'm not sure why I was thinking Victoria. I'm pretty sure that England would still win, though. You have to give them the US, of course.

England didn't have American colonies back during Lizzys reign. Techncially you should take out the Scottish and Northern Irish athletes who won medels for Brittan oo

England didn't have American colonies back during Lizzys reign. Techncially you should take out the Scottish and Northern Irish athletes who won medels for Brittan oo

He said to pick any point in time rather than the leader's time. :p

If I understand the premise, the Roman Empire would put up a fair medal count if you include it's ownership of most of Europe...

O.K. here is what I found concerning Austrian empire:
Austria proper: 0 - 0 - 0:lol:
Hungary: 8 - 4 - 5
Czech rep.: 3 - 3 - 3
Slovakia: 0 - 1 - 3
Slovenia: 1 - 1 - 2
Croatia: 2 - 1 -1

Total: 14-10-14

These are the main countries which costitued the empire but you could count also parts of Italy, Serbia, Poland, Rumenia and Ukraine.

Top Bottom