"Mod of the week" on facebook and twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, it's a drive to draw people to Civfanatics - which is why it hadn't been considered as a front page article - but I will ask if we can do this or something similar to ensure our members are kept abreast of what has been chosen each week.

Ah, that makes sense. How do you plan to make it accessible to people who aren't already, say, a fan of CFC on Facebook? I know for Twitter a hashtag like #civilization probably would work, but I don't know if there's a good equivalent for that on Facebook. Unless you have something worked out with Firaxis's official sites - which would be both cool, and, quite possibly, mutually beneficial.

Although I still like the idea of having it on the front page (or similar - occasionally there are banner notices, which would also work), so those who aren't that into social media can still find out about awesome new scenarios (or awesome old ones they missed). I may be in the minority even here, but I tend to visit CFC more often than Facebook (and much more often than anything Civ-related on Facebook).

How do you plan to make it accessible to people who aren't already, say, a fan of CFC on Facebook?

Good question; to be completely honest, I don't know. I think that the majority of people who are going to be interested have either been on the site or registered an interest in Civfanatics via facebook. The facebook Civfanatics registers a like with other companies connected to the series of games, so hopefully we'll get some "Civfanatics also likes 2k games and Firaxis" hits.

The next Mod of the Week will be in about 48 hours, and it'd be good to have a Civ3 submission by then. :)

@Quintillus - I plan to post a news thread at the end of each month detailing the previous month's Mods of the Week. So the first one of these might be tomorrow. Though the priority is posting to social media, so I can't promise I'll be entirely consistent with that.

Would a "No Tech Trading" version of the Shogun scenario qualify?

Thanks for the suggestion. We're really looking for something that would generate fresh interest on facebook/twitter - which the EFZI2 mod did; what do you guys think - would the "No Tech Trading" version of the Shogun scenario do that?

To be honest, we were hoping to keep Civ III covered with the facebook/twitter community, but it seems that we haven't captured the Civ III modding community's interest so far.

Any entrants for this week? It's been quite a while since the last Civ3 mod of the week, so it'd be good to have one for #11. It's only 200 words!

Not exactly a mod of the week, but I should have an announcement here today/tomorrow.

Has a Civ III "Mod of the Week" ever been posted yet?* In a little over a week-and-a-half we'll have a brand new "Mod of the Year". Previous "Mod of the Year" winners, as well as our "Mod of the (first) Decade" winner are certainly worth posting up, too. I'll be glad to do any necessary write-up for these.

*That is, if "Mod of the Week" still exists. I somehow missed this thread until now, so please pardon my sudden interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom