Lost posts: What happened?

I work with a lot of Wall Street types, so I have to keep my more informal pieces of me hidden to some degree. I understand the need for discretion. Here I more or less relax and be myself, and I'd like to keep it that way - So I understand that pressure, but not the need to bail completely.

1. The person in question indicated to me in his pm that things would be re-uploaded under a new account/name.

2. Keep in mind that he is in academia (archaeology iirc). Unless one is very well established, anything such as blogs, casual forum, or other non-peer-reviewed speculations and ruminations can actually hurt your chances for tenure. May be unreasonable, but that's the way it is (cf. Kuhn on paradigm shifts).

Those are usually the same people who can't understand why someone gets paid millions for kicking a ball.

Anyone interested in a long-term study (via polling) of video/computer gamers' demographics should take a look at Nick Yee's The Proteus Paradox. Explodes a lot of myths.

Those are usually the same people who can't understand why someone gets paid millions for kicking a ball.

People like me? :eek:

the gaming industry is a many billion heavy industry world wide and brings joy to people. off course there is always the debate off the spiritual quality proposed by each game, but that would be another discussion. i work myself in architecture with renounded names in my country and i do not see any problem in creating design for games,like stico does, especially if he creates a small synthesis like icon for a specific city, or some soldiers based on accurate studies. the best way to learn something is to play and this is were the people,the creators around here, step in. all of us have learned history by ways of playing games which resulted later in reenactement, game design, historical studies on the net and so on. i see absolute no shame in playing from time to time, and i might even believe stico' attitude to be exagerated, even if he would be directly targeted by his superior, he is a designer after all - and that is what designers do - they try different expressional languages!!! so what the fuzz !? :confused:

PS: also we contribute ourselves to world peace by judging right and helping to understand the multi-clutured world we live in - that is the best result of all our activities!!!

Top Bottom