PTW 1.27 Patch

ltccone

Prince
Will this new patch affect the GOTM? Should we refrain from installing this patch until after we finish this month's GOTM?

This question was already asked and answered in the GOTM forum. Try this LINK

Originally posted by Yndy
This question was already asked and answered in the GOTM forum. Try this LINK

Thanks. It was so far down the page I didn't see it. All of my PBEM games will need to wait until I can finish this GOTM.

Huh? Are you seriously suggesting that that thread of speculation is an 'answer'? It sounds like folks 'suggesting' not to use it, but that thread is FAR from definitive.

I have to agree the question was not answered. Anything less then a comment from Aeson / Cracker is simply people stated an opinion.

My opinion is no based on how Cracker likes to check the releases out ahead of time.

Agreed - I'm just testy cuz I play MP and really have high hopes for fixing the drops and OOS. But I also play the GOTM every month (whether I submit it or not) and am particulary excited about this one. Sorry Yndy.

Will petition Firaxis to ask me if I've submitted my GOTM before they go releasing another patch!

It would be best if players would refrain from playing with the 1.27f patch in the GOTM until it can be verified as not drastically changing gameplay. If there are any drastic changes to address in the patch, the GOTM23 'mod' would be able to add proper counters to them.

Definitive answer: Maybe (gotta wait till cracker is back)

Logical answer: If your game isn't comparable to others because of a change in game mechanics in the new patch, it may not be able to be included in the results. Better safe than sorry.

ainwood, is a member of the staff as far as I know (even if he keeps a low profile).

And his answer is following the spirit of the rules. Now you asked for Aeson and got his answer just above mine but I just wanted to explain my previous post.

While I have downloaded the PTW version of GOTM , I've not yet started play. Would it be "bad form" or some other faux paus to download the Civ 1.29 version and play that so I can update my PTW?

I don't want to get on some sort of "Cheaters" list by downloading the game a second time.

SewerStarFish - you may have things a bit mixed up. The PTW update is 1.27. The vanilla Civ3 update is 1.29. If you download the 1.29 GOTM you are not using PTW. Is that what you mean?

If so, is it possible for me to play Civ3 vanilla 1.29 though I have PTW installed on my machine and have it run as expected? Hmm, this may be a solution to the untested PTW 1.27 not being viable for this month's GOTM play.

Yes I mean play the GOTM as vanilla Civ III 1.29 by downloading the Civ III 1.29 version. But since I've already downloaded GOTM PTW 1.14/1.21 open - I think I will have to submit that one because it's the first one I downloaded

There are no rules about which version you need to play. Whichever you would like is fine. The only limitation is if you've actually started to play that month's game in one version, you can't go back and restart in another. Simply because restarting is disallowed.

Top Bottom