The Patronage finisher and Venice.

Raiki

Warlord
Okay, so I'm not sure if this was already posted anywhere, but if it was I haven't seen it.

I'm midway through my first game (Shoshone), going for a diplomatic victory. Since I want all the delicious extra delegates that comes with having CS allies, I've long since finished Patronage and allied all 11 city states that weren't gobbled up by Venice (3) or The Huns (2).

I get another notification that a CS has given me a new unit, and click the icon to go check out my new H'wacha or Gatling Gun or what have you, when I notice this:

Spoiler :

That's right, kids. Merchants of Venice are fair game for the Patronage finisher.

If you need me, I'll be over here enjoying my shiny new Australia Sidon.

~R~

I actually just got my second one. Admittedly, I'm on turn 403 because I wanted to screw around and figure out the new rules, but still. I really feel like this was either an oversight on the part of the Dev's or just a poor decision.

~R~

Always felt that getting Kahns from City States was a bit lame. Not too surprised that GMOV also spawn, but yeah, it would probably be better overall if they didn't, sweet as getting one must be. On the other hand, it does give a little more oompf to the Patronage tree.

I don't know if I like this or not. On one hand it mixes things up with the occasional surprise, but on the other hand I do feel that Unique Units should be absolutely unique to one civ, from units through to great people.

Top Bottom