Quick AI culture wins?

AdamGM

Warlord
Greetings,

on my first BNW game, turned it down to Prince while I check things out.
I'm only in the medieval era, and my on my last turn before going to work I got to "Contender" notices on the side of the screen.

Apparently both the Incas and Huns are only requiring influence with two more states (Civs? I don't remember...) to win the game.

Like I said, I'm only in the medieval era. Am I supposed to be doing something to combat this all game, or are they further away than I think? I was quite puzzled by the notice.

In the Medieval era? It's possible, but not very likely.

However, if they can't beat the other person's culture (and that's hard to do before you get all the Tourism bonuses that are late in the tree), they'll be deadlocked with each other.

Having said that, if it gets to the point that you choose an Ideology, given that they're Influential over you now, if you don't choose their Ideology, you're going to take a massive Happiness hit.

In my games, Incas have been Wonderspamming, so I'm guessing they have the Parthenon and other Wonders, and the Guilds to put Tourism works in.

As for the Huns, I can't imagine how they have Tourism that high.

However, if they can't beat the other person's culture (and that's hard to do before you get all the Tourism bonuses that are late in the tree), they'll be deadlocked with each other.

Having said that, if it gets to the point that you choose an Ideology, given that they're Influential over you now, if you don't choose their Ideology, you're going to take a massive Happiness hit.

In my games, Incas have been Wonderspamming, so I'm guessing they have the Parthenon and other Wonders, and the Guilds to put Tourism works in.

Huns probably captured a bunch of wonders and GW from another Wonderspammer that they eliminated.

Come, see our city ruins! Be enchanted by our piles of dead bodies! Have kids? Bring them to head-on-pike-land; they'll be playing for hours! Hunnia (I don't even know...), you're not destination, whether you like it or not. :)

I'm not even going for a cultural win, it just seems weird that they could be so close to winning already?

You get this message automatically even if you're not going for a cultural win. Happened on a domination game when there were only 2 capitals left for me.

Top Bottom