Social Policies for Assyria and Indonesia

I'm about to play a game as either Assyria or Indonesia and I was wondering which social policies are generally considered best for each of these civs.

Thanks in advance

Assyria needs to pick more Honor policies, but Indonesia is just a stock civ and can just use the same policies as anyone else. Maybe piety, if anything.

Since BNW, I've noticed many players suggesting that conquest early to early/mid game is often not worth the effort. A civ like Assyria changes this balance in favor of early conquest.

Are there other civs that make early/early-mid game conquests more of a viable decision?

thanks in advance.

Indonesia can get lots of faith so piety isn't a terrible choice. Try to get a religion early so you can pick those religious buildings and then reform with jesuit education. Exploration is another good choice as you are going to want 3 satellites on other continents, coastal, to get those unique luxuries.

Assyria with honor and statue of Zeus to destroy everyone.

Since BNW, I've noticed many players suggesting that conquest early to early/mid game is often not worth the effort. A civ like Assyria changes this balance in favor of early conquest.

Are there other civs that make early/early-mid game conquests more of a viable decision?

thanks in advance.

Early conquest is less about the civ and more about the lay of the land. If you're in a position to take an early capitol because it's sitting in the middle of flat land, for instance, and you haven't met anyone else, that's the best reason to initiate early conquest. Getting yourself another presumably decent city early without the diplomacy hit that accompanies it is the best reason for early war, and that really has nothing to do with what Civ you're playing. I've done it with every type of civ.

look at the recent assyria deity challenge. You can see all kind of different strategies - sv, cv, early and late game conquest.

I'd say The Huns favour an early war, considering their unique units are geared for early city taking. In my most recent game I rushed Pocatello with Rams and horse archers because he was so close.:c5razing:

Top Bottom