Unit Palette Problem

Plotinus

Philosopher
Retired Moderator
I'm trying to do a colour conversion of UtahJazz's Indian Warrior, to turn him into an African.

All looks fine in the storyboards and in Flicster too. But when I put him in the game, the colours go very wrong: he appears to be suffering from some ghastly skin disease.

I can't work out what's going on here. It's not civ colouring getting mixed up somewhere (I removed the civ colouring on the offchance that it was - no big deal, as I want this for a barbarian unit only) and I don't think it's a transparency problem. It's a bit of a mystery, especially that it does it only in-game and not in Flicster. I've not had this problem with any other colour conversions.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? File here appended - http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Warrior.zip

Well, you buggered up the palette in the conversion. I'd start again, taking great care in not touching the shadow and the civ colour. BTW, you didn't remove the civ colour. Well, you turned it non-blue, but that doesn't do squat as you didn't remove it from the palette. In other words you have a lot of civ coloured greys and blacks in the palette, including the shadow of the unit.
What program are you using? If it's photoshop it's much easier for me to help.

Well, I knew some kind of buggering up had taken place! Thanks. I'll have a go at it again. The problem started before I started messing about with the civ colour (normally I'd stay well away from that, naturally). I'm new to this kind of fiddling, obviously (forced into it by a lack of African units) but so far I've been quite pleased with most of the results.

I use NeoPaint, although I seem to be the only person around here who does.

Top Bottom