Spanish Skirmisher

Gaias

Earthman
Well this is my first submitted unit and I am fairly proud of the way it turn out. It is based off of utahjazz7 Spanish Pikeman that he uses as example in his unit creation tutorial. Hopefully this is the first of many more to come! ;)

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

View attachment Spanish Skirmisher Part 1.zip
View attachment Spanish Skirmisher Part 2.zip

First rule of thumb to posting a unit, is to have the unit uploaded... :p

Second rule of thumb is to make sure the file that is being uploaded is of the correct size... :lol:

Welcome to the wide wide world of Unit design Gaias! This is a very-well done re-interpretation of the Spanish Pikeman.

I am pleased to hear that your electing to take up ancient/medieval units. If your considering doing unit design for the Bronze Age, that would be most awesome!

Again, well done! :goodjob:

I must agree, for a first unit this is excellent. Heck, this is a pretty good unit for us regulars, only flaw is that the spear is clipped at the top in a few frames, easily solved though, just use a larger frame size, excess is usually acceptable.

Thanks for all the positive comments, as it give me lots of motivation to produce many quality units. Though most of my units will be fairly generic in look, I plan to start making my own props when I have more experience with animation. For now I am stuck with what has been provided by the community and what is free on the net.

@Orthanc
I was aware of the clipping of the spearhead when I was rendering the frames. I wanted a longer spear (twice the height of the model), but I ran into the clipping issue. I was unaware that you could use an area larger than 100x100, as utahjazz7 makes no mention of this in his tutorial. What is the largest frame that can be used by chance?

Very glad you decided to post this unit, Gaias. You do Alberta proud!

I don't make units, I donwload them. :D So what I see that is great for a starter.

Cloud Strife said:
very good unit, i will find some way to use it
You. Are. Done.

Cloud Strife on 14 other threads said:
very good unit, i will find some way to use it

15 of your posts are exactly this, with minor modifications, such as "units" or adding a smiley face.

And the other 17 aren't much better.

Stormrage said:
Oh how I whish Goldflash was here right now... :shake:

Huh? What? Arg! AAARG! Avast! Pirates! Orks! Pizza! Ricky Carmichael! Arch Delux! I wonder if there was was a World Moto GP race today.

Top Bottom