Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
Here are some sounds that I put together for Level's Crawler. I have included two AttackB .wav files. The default is a chaingun while CrawlerAttackB-2 is a laser type sound. Use whichever one you prefer.

Attachments

• crawler sounds.zip
    476.6 KB · Views: 568
Obviously, these are sounds for use with Level's Hover Tank. The victory .wav may be a bit cheesy, but I was getting tired of my units laughing or saying "yeah" everytime they were victorious.

Attachments

• hover tank sounds.zip
    374.4 KB · Views: 551
Lastly, here is a collection of sounds for Jimmyh's Spanish Conquistador. (Note to Spainish Language Speakers), If the victory .wav is totally stupid, forgive me, I don't speak Spainish. :D

Attachments

• conquistador sounds.zip
    302.2 KB · Views: 463
Ok, I've heard the sounds (they are excellent). The victory sound...it says "Madre de Dios", translated to English means something like "God's Mother"...I don't think if that sentence fits in the victory sound, but if you want, I can record something in Spanish for this victory sound, just tell me what do you want to listen :)
Good job, Polaris :goodjob:!!

Here's a iron frigate gun sound, sounds more relistic and has more umpf.

A harrier bomb sound, sounds like its dropping more then 1 bomb.

i for some reason cant install any new units. So i don't know if these actualy fit in with the animations, so please tell me if they are off, inclueding an exact time of how they are off to 2pd.

Attachments

• harrierbomb.zip
    166.5 KB · Views: 520
Thanks Pablostuka. Please feel free to post something more appropriate for the Conquistador's Victory .wav. I thought that Madre Dios could be used as something akin to an exclamation, but as I said, I don't know beans about the Spanish language.

Hi, Senoj here!

I was looking through my game files for sounds for Civ3 when it came to my demo for the upcoming 'Medieval Total War' where I discovered hoards of combat sounds. I am posting the best ones here.

Some of the files have _lge etc. on the end. This purerly tells you the size of the unit.

PS. Sorry the files are so big. Some sounds are long. You may be able to chop bits off here and there to suit your needs. I would do it myself but I don't know how.:o

Here are the big ones. They come in up to 3 parts. Its worth it.

Note: You don't need every part to work the sounds. Its just the 500kb restriction I have.

The following 2 parts are deaths. A bit gorier than usual.

Attachments

• deaths.zip
    401 KB · Views: 492
Here is part one of two. Arabic orders. Command phrases in arabic. Good for middle eastern countries' units.

Attachments

• arabic orders1.zip
    463.1 KB · Views: 564
Top Bottom