Kool-Aid Man (July 31, 2007)

I'm sitting here staring in disbelief. I wonder when Kulade will notice that his lifelong epic quest has been completed, fulfilled, whatever? The poor guy might just crack and leak everywhere.

"Ku-LAH-day" is how I used to think Kulade's handle was pronounced. ;)

A very funny unit! :clap:

In Civ IV this would be a nice executive to create a special Corporation. May be we can do a parallel for Civ 3 to this feature? :)

That's one of the coolest units I've seen. Watching his attack I can't help but think that he would make a great villain along the lines of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Thanks for all of the comments, everyone. I've grown quite fond of the Kool-Aid Man, so I'm glad that everyone likes him.

Now, where is kulade?

Perhaps he couldn't go on living thinking his lifetime request wouldn't be fulfilled.

:lol:

Fun stuff. Reminds me of the Voodoo Doll Plot made. :)

...Playground mod?...

Nah, version 2.0's pretty much completed with the new units. Not much new things are going to be chucked into it just because they are random.

Though this would probably go into the CFC user's mod that was started (and abandoned) long ago.

:lol:

Fun stuff. Reminds me of the Voodoo Doll Plot made. :)

Nah, version 2.0's pretty much completed with the new units. Not much new things are going to be chucked into it just because they are random.

Though this would probably go into the CFC user's mod that was started (and abandoned) long ago.

I still have the project linked, and plan to return to it once I get the beta release of the FF mod out the door.

Suddenly I too feel like restarting the CFC User's Mod. (For the third time? ;))

It now seem so more feasible now that my civ has its unit. :D It was a massively popular project and I'd jump on board whenever we restart.

I took a break from other work and made a Death or I should say Added to the existing Death animation so the KoolAid Man would Leak KoolAid after he is Knocked down.
I did not have the Model for Poser so had to make this manually. It is very basic and could be done better with an animation program but it looks good in the game.

I also remade the units_32 to improve the Civ Specific Colored areas and remove the Purple Shadow shades. The Large and Small pcx files were only slightly adjusted and mainly to soften the shadows.

utahjazz7 made The KoolAid Man a Fun little unit

Here are the Preview and Download Zip: File Restored in Link

Attachments

• Kool-aidMan Death and pcx files.zip
    193.2 KB · Views: 129
  • KoolAidMan_Death.gif
    KoolAidMan_Death.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 117
Vuldacon, this is a very nice additional idea to a real unique unit. :goodjob:

Excellent addition, Vuldacon!

Now if someone can find a audio file of him screaming "OHHH YEEAAAHHH!!!!" this unit will be one more step forward to absolute perfection.

This is the best I could do without my Desktop puter...I am not armed with the arsenal of programs on this one..

Sample of the kool aid man's "Oh Yeaaah"...not converted for use in Civ3 (I dont have that prog on here)...not the best quality, but what can you ask for given the subject?...I will be looking for more, and will probably make better ones once I get a new monitor for the Desktop...

(OT: why are HC and Quinzy's avvies available as smileys??)

Attachments

• Oh Yeah.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 618
I made this "Oh Yeah" .wav if anyone wants it for use. It is one second in length so will work well at least for the KoolAid Man Fidget. The sound level should be about right but you can adjust it with Sound Recorder or another Sound Program as wanted.

Here is the Zip: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/4870/OhYeah.zip

kulade... The sound file you uploaded is not the correct Format and is also in stereo. The CIV Game uses "Radio Quality" Format which is PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono.

haha. Now I have seen everything. :lol: Absolutely hilarious! I am having troubles remembering the song, but I vividly remember him smashing through the brick wall and bringing Kool-aid to all the kids. We drank so much of this stuff as kids, I bet any kidney stones would be partially made from the drink crystals! :lol: :mischief: Some kid in my school made up a song from the commercial:

"Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid. Tastes great. Gotta go washroom, too late!" :lol:

Utah, you da man! Berry was the best commercials.....gotta check out YouTube now. ;)

Top Bottom