Pedro's bizzaro World Congress behaviour

Alzadar

Warlord
So I just played a game where I had basically every possible positive modifier with Brazil, we were BFFs. DoF, fight wars together, support his proposals, he liked my proposals, shared ideology (that seems like a very strong modifier?), shared religion, etc. etc. I even helped him become Congress host.

Now, earlier in the game I had been embargoed. Naturally as my BFF, Pedro didn't like this so he proposed an repeal on the embargo. Great, a bit of good thinking from the AI.

Pedro and I continued to be good friend for many turns. Then it came time for the vote, and he voted against his own proposal?!?:confused: And he didn't even say anything about it, it's not like he suddenly backstabbed me and voted against me, he just blocked his own proposal and continued being my friend. And then he proposed the same thing again! Naturally he blocked the proposal the 2nd time as well.

This seems like it's a bug, I could understand if he backstabbed me unexpectedly, but it's totally bizarre for him to propose the repeal, block it, and then act as if nothing happened.

Joke's on him though, just before blasting off I nuked him twice and dropped an XCOM in his capital.:goodjob: (man, 40 range paradrop is hilarious)

So I just played a game where I had basically every possible positive modifier with Brazil, we were BFFs. DoF, fight wars together, support his proposals, he liked my proposals, shared ideology (that seems like a very strong modifier?), shared religion, etc. etc. I even helped him become Congress host.

Now, earlier in the game I had been embargoed. Naturally as my BFF, Pedro didn't like this so he proposed an repeal on the embargo. Great, a bit of good thinking from the AI.

Pedro and I continued to be good friend for many turns. Then it came time for the vote, and he voted against his own proposal?!?:confused: And he didn't even say anything about it, it's not like he suddenly backstabbed me and voted against me, he just blocked his own proposal and continued being my friend. And then he proposed the same thing again! Naturally he blocked the proposal the 2nd time as well.

This seems like it's a bug, I could understand if he backstabbed me unexpectedly, but it's totally bizarre for him to propose the repeal, block it, and then act as if nothing happened.

Joke's on him though, just before blasting off I nuked him twice and dropped an XCOM in his capital.:goodjob: (man, 40 range paradrop is hilarious)

Makes me wonder if the AI is not programmed to ALWAYS vote to embargo you/not repeal an embargo against you. Regardless of whether or not they are your ally. I love launching a nuke right before i claim diplo/tech victory. IDK why but its amusing.

Makes me wonder if the AI is not programmed to ALWAYS vote to embargo you/not repeal an embargo against you. Regardless of whether or not they are your ally. I love launching a nuke right before i claim diplo/tech victory. IDK why but its amusing.

They are not, I got this case where Alexander, who was the host of the congress and at war with me, proposed to embargo me. At the time we had to vote the war was over and we were friend (I mean DoF) like we were before the war (we shared the ideology, the religion and I vote for him being the host)
He voted against his proposal.
And the funny fact is that he came to me then to tell me how unhappy he was that I voted against his proposal...:crazyeye:

You could have voted against his proposal along with him. That would upset him.

The AI is behaving rationally, it changed its mind.

What needs to be tweaked is the code that makes them unhappy if you vote against their proposal even if they themselves switch their minds.

It's probably just hardcoded to always kick in if someone votes against them.

The AI is behaving rationally, it changed its mind.

What needs to be tweaked is the code that makes them unhappy if you vote against their proposal even if they themselves switch their minds.

It's probably just hardcoded to always kick in if someone votes against them.
No, I meant instead of nuking him. (Or, perhaps, that nuking wasn't irritating enough.)

The most likely answer is that someone placed a Diplomat in his capital and paid him to vote against the proposal. The AI regularly uses Diplomats for this purpose. It's shockingly cheap to buy off votes, so if you want to get some proposals passed, just do the same thing yourself.

The most likely answer is that someone placed a Diplomat in his capital and paid him to vote against the proposal. The AI regularly uses Diplomats for this purpose. It's shockingly cheap to buy off votes, so if you want to get some proposals passed, just do the same thing yourself.

Yes buying votes is quite easy I proposed to make my religion the world religion and bought votes off everyone that did not have a holy city as there capital.

If you buy votes,m they only change their core delegation votes.

The AI sort of cheats here as they can vote both ways on a proposal. The bought votes is always just on their core delegation.

The AI sort of cheats here as they can vote both ways on a proposal. The bought votes is always just on their core delegation.
But when they actually have more votes is when city-states start counting as well. At that point you can just buy all the city-states and, combined with your purchased votes, unilaterally vote in or out whatever you want. Assuming you've got enough money for all of this.

But when they actually have more votes is when city-states start counting as well. At that point you can just buy all the city-states and, combined with your purchased votes, unilaterally vote in or out whatever you want. Assuming you've got enough money for all of this.

Yeah.. but buying city state vote is not what we're discussing here.

Yes buying votes is quite easy I proposed to make my religion the world religion and bought votes off everyone that did not have a holy city as there capital.

Should have bought off votes of those who did, because each vote you buy is also one less vote against, so they're worth twice as much.

You can do the same, you can sell votes to the ai and then vote the other way with your remaining delegates.

Maybe another AI bought their vote? I don't know if the AI actually uses diplomats very well, but this would explain why he voted against you without actually changing his diplo-stance with you.

You can do the same, you can sell votes to the ai and then vote the other way with your remaining delegates.

Really? never sold my votes before. I'll try it when I get a chance.

Top Bottom