HoF Stats Fun

aitkensam

Warlord
Not sure if it's normal to post this kind of stuff here, but here goes... The HoF site already has nice info like QM/EQM, overall score, game counts etc, but I couldn't see anywhere that compares who owns most slots/#1 positions (maybe I missed it?). Anyway, I was bored at work and decided it'd be interesting to see who the most prolific users are in terms of fastest finishes / high scores.

So below is the Top 10 users by most slots (out of 1,944) and the Top 10 users by most Deity slots (out of 216) as of Jan 25th 2015.

User Overall Slots User Deity Slots
babaBrian 164 WastinTime 82
WastinTime 101 Sun Tzu Wu 22
Karl_t_great 78 Seraiel 19
Hindi 56 kovacsflo 13
iggymnrr 52 Kaitzilla 9
The-Hawk 51 GandalftheWhite 8
neilmeister 49 Sgtpeppers 6
cabert 48 Ironhead 6
Sgtpeppers 48 Misotu 6
kovacsflo 39 ShannonCT 4

Scarily WastinTime has nearly 40% (82/216) of deity slots!

Here are the users with the most slots for each victory condition (out of 216) as of Jan 25th 2015.

Victory User # Slots
Conquest babaBrian 42
Culture ottovonvictor 10
United Nations Karl_t_great 61
Domination babaBrian 47
Religious babaBrian 40
Score veryhard 18
Space Colony iggymnrr 27
Space Hindi 23
Time babaBrian 23

And lastly (because it seems to be the most common choice and so presumably is generally the most competitive - although I'm sure there are lots of exceptions), here are the Top 14 (7 joint-8th) users with most slots on standard size / normal speed as of Jan 25th 2015.

User # Slots
iggymnrr 13
babaBrian 9
shulec 4
tachywaxon 4
WastinTime 4
bcool 3
Kaitzilla 3
The-Hawk 2
Pollina 2
Sun Tzu Wu 2
Bugio 2
cas 2
neilmeister 2
AAA 2

Of course there are a million more things you can pull from the data (attached in case anyone is as bored as me!), I just picked some that I thought were fun. :)

Attachments

• HOF_Stats.zip
    222.4 KB · Views: 56
WastinTime having 40% of all Deity-slots is ridiculous.

Come on gang, we must all be WastinTime to stop WastinTime from WastinTime ^^

Thx for the stats. That was a fun read. I'm surprised I didn't show up on the VC chart. I guess I spread myself out over all VC's too much.

You're hired! Check is in the mail! :lol:

Not sure how you pulled the data together. Abacus?

Not sure how you pulled the data together. Abacus?
All from HoF Summary page. I did have to take my shoes and socks off to add up the big numbers though.

I'm surprised I didn't show up on the VC chart. I guess I spread myself out over all VC's too much.
Yep. You were second on Time (21) and Dom (12), and third on UN (16).

Great work. More stats please!
Well, as you asked. Any excuse to avoid work! :)

Here is the progress over the last 5 years of the five people who currently hold most #1 slots. (I might add some pretty pictures later, but work blocks useful sites...).

2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
babaBrian 179 189 181 176 164
WastinTime 75 81 106 104 101
Karl_t_great 46 50 70 70 78
Hindi 81 72 66 63 56
Sgtpeppers 7 6 6 4 48

Seems like some old names still hold a lot of slots! Falling slowly though...

And here's the same for just deity.

2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
WastinTime 57 60 86 84 82
Sun Tzu Wu 29 43 24 24 22
Seraiel 0 1 3 13 19
kovacsflo 13 13 12 13 13
Kaitzilla 3 8 9 9 9

Seraiel rising fast!

Here is how many records have been broken overall and on standard/normal since 2011 and 2014.

Overall Sta_Nor
Total #1 Slots 1944 81
Broken since 2011 774 47
Broken since 2011 (%) 40% 58%
Broken since 2014 201 7
Broken since 2014 (%) 10% 9%

Which means a ton of records haven't been bettered! I guess due to not being popular settings. I was also surprised that not all sta/nor games had been beaten as I thought they'd get a lot of submissions...

For the sake of seeing if any of the long-standing records are particularly impressive. Here are the sta/nor records on emp+ that haven't been beaten since 2011.

Difficulty Victory Condition Username Victory Date/Score
Emperor Domination Gosha190 775 BC
Emperor Religious shulec 450 BC
Emperor Time kcd_swede 11070
Immortal Space RobertSmith 1866 AD
Deity Space WastinTime 1390 AD
Deity Space Colony Sun Tzu Wu 1570 AD
Deity Time WastinTime 5682
Deity United Nations WastinTime 1220 AD

Deity-Space looks particularly scary to me. Also, Emp-Dom, but maybe there are special map settings that could help there. Maybe Imm-Space is only still there because it's not BTS.

If I screwed any of this up please don't hate me! The snapshots are the first updates from each year and I only went back to 2011 because the table has a lot of blanks before then.

I wonder how the HoF would develop, if we had such statistics on the main-page. Like x players seeing "oh, that record has been there since 201x, it must be beaten, then my'll record from 201x will be in front" .

What I'm sure about is, that more statistics would do good to the HoF. More statistics = more players being mentioned = more winners = more participants.

I agree. The current summaries are nice but they don't really give you much incentive to beat a certain slot, and there are so many that there will always be some weak ones that are easy to beat.

It'd be nice to see things like which slot has had the most submissions / the most different #1's. And which slots have the "best" dates, although that might be hard to determine. Those ones would be more fun to attempt to beat.

I'd also like to find a way to represent how victory times vary by difficulty. e.g. Conq/Dom presumably get slower as difficulty goes up. But I wonder with Space/Culture/Diplo whether they could be quicker on harder difficulties because you have better trade partners.

Anyhow, it's fun as is. I just like stats too much :crazyeye:

What I'm sure about is, that more statistics would do good to the HoF. More statistics = more players being mentioned = more winners = more participants.

That was exactly the argument used to change the HoF from only showing the best date regardless of game speed! That's right, in the early days, there was only one #1 for each VC and map size. All the marathon games would beat out quick/normal/epic and you wouldn't see any of those. The current HoF showcases a lot more games and gives people incentive to play.

Can we get an answer to this from Denniz or Methos, so an answer to if it'd be possible to provide more statistics on the HoF page?

Seraiel

Not quite everything aitkensam did and a bit raw in places, but I have a added a few new tabs on the stats page.

I will tidy it up and prettify it in future including the ability to sort on Columns but thought it would make a nice July 4th present for those of you that celebrate that this weekend :love:

Nice work NobleZ! :goodjob:

Hmm... so all it takes is 5 deity #1 slots and you can call yourself "one of the top 10 deity players of all time"... :p

Very nice work, yes :) .

And don't underestimate the 5 #1 slots in Deity. I got 23 and I needed to play 4y hardcore for that, so I guess that getting 5 would take about one year of hardcore playing. Maybe it's less, because it's far easier to get the 5 weakest slots, than i. e. the Std / Normal slots I went for, but it should still be quite a challenge.

Also shows, how difficult Deity really is, and how few people are able to play at that level.

Thx NZ!!!

Great additions. Would it be possible to add filters for other difficulties too, for those of us that aren't so great?

Also, will the graph/submissions section be fixed at some later date? Nothing shows for me, but a "graph" link, and when I click on that there are many PHP error messages.

Staggering to see the Deity Firsts btw. WastinTime miiiiiiiiiiiiiiles ahead of everybody else.

Great additions. Would it be possible to add filters for other difficulties too, for those of us that aren't so great?
Sure.

Also, will the graph/submissions section be fixed at some later date? Nothing shows for me, but a "graph" link, and when I click on that there are many PHP error messages.
Thought that was fixed already will have a look.

I think I have my new priority though - need an "Are you sure?" prompt to stop you declaring war when what you really wanted to do was initiate a trade! 50 turns from victory and only a warrior stationed in each city :sad:

Top Bottom