Crashing/Freezing during multiplayer

VirtualMark

Chieftain
Has anyone else experienced crashing or freezing during a multiplayer game? I don't think its my internet as i play quite a few games online and all work ok. And i don't think its my copy of the game, as single player works fine. It can be very frustrating to get half hour into a game just to have it crash, i do hope they fix it! And how come i can't rejoin a game? A couple of times its disconnected me, and there is no way of rejoining the game. Kinds sucks compared to civ 4, where you can just password your civ and rejoin if you lose connection for any reason.

Yeah I think everyone experiences freezing multiplayer games. It's very annoying and I hope Firaxis fixes it in a patch.

I am disappointing because I am having trouble in BTS right now. I am not buying this Civ Rev until they fix these issues for these products. I have been a civ fan for years and this summer of 2008 has been the wort part for me. I hope they fix this stuff because I never play this one player anymore.

We are working on it guys. After the game deployed to a large audience, some problems appeared that were not apparent through the testing and certification process.

I bought the xbox game a few weeks ago and have played at least 25 games and everyone complains about freeze issues. I'd say about 40% of my multiplyer games freeze at some point during a 2 hour (or more) game and the xbox has to be rebooted. I've never had any other xbox game freeze on me.

On one other occassion, I was beating the snot out of some guy when i got a "waiting for player" message but the game wasn't frozen. I grabbed a book and about 90 minues later, he started playing again and then left after I made a few moves, probably when he realized that I was still there ready to finish him off. Can anyone explain this????

I'd sell my copy of the game in a sec if anyone wants it. Multiplayer is broken and beating the awful AI gives me no satisfaction.

Last edited:
I've only had about 1 in 6 games freeze in the last 10 days or so. I don't know why it's been better than before but I did start doing regular memory maintenance on my hard drive like someone recommended and maybe that's helping..... or maybe I've gotten lucky.

Top Bottom