3D video crashes

Kgorr

Chieftain
Can still hear audio but the screen is black when going from landscape to leader after playing for a bit.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz 40 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
12.0 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (8-8-8-19)
Motherboard
MSI Big Bang-XPower (MS-7666) (CPU1) 37 °C
Graphics
Acer GD235HZ (1920x1080@59Hz)
VX922 (1280x1024@60Hz)
1536MB GeForce GTX 580 (MSI) 45 °C
Hard Drives
1954GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device (SATA) 26 °C
234GB Corsair CSSD-F240GB2-A SCSI Disk Device (SATA-SSD) 28 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHBS112 2 ATA Device
ATAPI iHOS104 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Is it only when you go from the game to talking to a leader, or does it happen at other times too?

Well, that's then strange.
But you should still consider turning the leader quality to medium, at least for testing.
Because Firaxis used some very fancy and new DX11 features for the leaders, and not every computer can handle these (theoretically yours should, i know).

It seems to me that the GTX series, maybe others, are effected by current patches. I am not sure why, but Nvidea seems to have to re-adjust their drivers to cover the changes made in the patches.

I am looking into building a similiar system. (with an 3D video card/Nvidea) I am curious with the 3 channel memory, have you played any huge maps and notice any late game slowness?

It seems to me that the GTX series, maybe others, are effected by current patches. I am not sure why, but Nvidea seems to have to re-adjust their drivers to cover the changes made in the patches.

I am looking into building a similiar system. (with an 3D video card/Nvidea) I am curious with the 3 channel memory, have you played any huge maps and notice any late game slowness?

No slowdown in 2D mode.

Top Bottom