[MoM] Masters of Madness

Oh my i go get some sleep and miss out all the cool stuff.
I am from germany btw.
Not entirely sure about the turn order...me next??

Hehe, early morning here! Once again I only slept an anemic 6 hours. :wallbash:
When Aline is done everyone will have played 3 times. :D

I think the sea serpent is 7 strength. But this hunter has +1 defense str as mutation bonus. He also has good armor and as a hunter i think his bonus against animal extends to serpents, but i never tested. His other mutations are resistance to cold, ( is the damage taken on high seas cold damage? ) and Amphibious ( kind of fitting).

Also, about the high sea damage, first time i sent him to ocean square he took some damage and i had him rest in place ( on the ocean square ) . Next turn i had the small icon that said he was once again affected by the ocean damage but he was fully healed. (bug?)

The idea is to use the parrot to scout his direction first, so he does not walk into a trap.
He can flee water critters by going to land and flee land critters by going to sea. I think his odds are pretty good if we keep him mostly near costs. :p

And here it comes!

We are now industrious!
Spoiler :

I cant see how that could backfire.
Spoiler :

Oh and it is a good thing, that we have enough money to pay for the stupidity of our people.
Spoiler :

I cant see how that could backfire.
Spoiler :

With all the water around us... why not?
Spoiler :

Currency is discovered.. wait dident we have a problem with fake coins a while ago... how does that work?
Must be another time travel thing.
Spoiler :

Good times.
Oh and i decided to culture bomb our colony.
Spoiler :

Fire, if its not working you arent using enough of it.
Next up is domination, hell i love that spell!
Spoiler :

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Spoiler :

Our colony has now become the holy city of the overlords, a bit inconvinient if you ask me but thats cthulhu for you.
Spoiler :

Lighthouse is done and it is not a world wonder anymore.
Spoiler :

Our plucky adventurer discovers a new land, he also finds us a new friend.^^

Spoiler :

The other advanturers arent as lucky, i send them there to secure a new city location next to the gold... glorious gold!!!!! ... but with the gallion lost the entire plan gets slowed down a lot, eventualy allosauriers show up and things go very sour, noone made it out alive...
Spoiler :

Ethene finaly reveals her true colors, she sends some archers to our nothern borders and... well thats it...
Unfortunatly with our hunters eaten and some of the more usefull troops still stuck overseas there is little i could do about it.
I however built some halls of mirrors, MoM changed the illusion promotion, so that it can acctualy kill things, however the hall of mirrors was not changed yet makeing it the single most overpowered thing in the universe. ^^
Spoiler :

Mimics...whant mimics!
Spoiler :

We meet a more than shady person...............come on its funny
Spoiler :

This is how his place looks like.
Spoiler :

Mhe what an unlucky turnset, lost the gallion, got the hunters eaten and the Elohim started some trubble.
Some one take care of this mess!

*edit*
oh yeah you might whant this
View attachment Team MoM AD-0238.CivBeyondSwordSave

Oh noes! Not all the hunters eaten? Even the hero?
I guess Perpentach time travel finally got him in trouble when all his men were eaten by a dinosaur.
Thats why i always try to keep a parrot with them, they can see the future, or is it the past ?
Well, i guess this solves our capped military problem. :rolleyes:

Wait, you tamed a sea serpent? :D

and that's why you are supposed to stay out of high level wilderness areas until you get some suitably strong troops to explore them :D

@MaxWar: not sure about that ocean damage thingie, try posting in the "bug or intended" thread at momforums ;)

I took a peek at the save, looks like Lady Athne might try to attack Argenteria with that archer stack, and will likely try to destroy our cottages.

Next player might want to rush a stone wall with the stone pile if she attacks the city, and we need Horsemen!

You played before Gekko this last round and we are now beginning a new round as everyone played 3 times.

Its either you or Gekko's turn i would say. Maybe you should play first considering time zone optimization. Unless Gekko can play now, Gekko?

Finally the server no longer busy :lol:
----

I am not too excited to write this journal, because at the moment, there is nothing interesting happened in our glorious Empire. Except when Herodotus publish his work, and acknowledge our empire as the most cultural realm in Erebus, I have nothing else to tell. Everything else is related to the war, and I'm sure, you will be bored with the news from the war.

Spoiler :

What? You are interested in the news of the war? Are you sure?

Oh very well.

The war began with treacherous Ethne moving her archers to the hills in north of our northern border. (What was the city called? Argentina? Argenterum? Something like that.) Of course, Our Lord did not let this insolence go unpunished. He ordered the Enforcer (the ninja-archer we recruited from the Undercouncil security service) to kill the archers. With the help of a Hunter and a Horseman, he/it succeed.

With our northern border secured, Perpentach mobilize all of our realm for a total war. Our spy (Loki still performed his silly puppet show in Elohim territories) reported that all the Elohim do were "training young men to play with wooden dolls." That was Loki's exact words. Of course, our wise spymaster managed to decipher the code and concluded that all of Elohim military units were archers. Based on this report, Perpentach ordered the western/northern cities to produce horsemen. In a short time, we managed to force motivate ten young nobles to join the cavalry. (Of course, I made sure that none of them are my allies).

With the Enforcer guarding the border, our team of horsemen and swordsmen penetrate Elohim southern border. Our target is city of Garryvoe.

To help with our expedition, the temple of Overlords sent two of their cultists. These cultists were capable of water walk. They were stationed in the coastal of Garryvoe. The temple wrote a letter, saying that the cultists were preparing a unholy ritual to destroy Garryvoe's defense. Whenever we are ready, they will cast the ritual and unleash a terrible tsunami to Garryvoe. Also, I mobilize two horsemen and an adept which stationed at our newest city (I keep forgetting these cities' name. You know, the one which become holy city of Overlords?) One of the cultist there also willing to join our military expedition.

While we were mobilizing the troops, suddenly a great mediator arose, and willing to mediate peace with the Elohim. Of course Perpentach refused. He found a better job for the mediator : cleaning the dens of our circus.

Spoiler :

Loki tried to lure the defenders of Garryvoe with his puppet show, but he failed (Ha! No way a disciplined warrior will fall into the same trap as a Orcish Barbarian!). Finally, after our troops is in their proper position, we begin our attack to Garryvoe.

First, our adepts casted Fireball to reduce the defense of Garryvoe.

Spoiler :

Then, the cultists unleashed their terrible tsunami upon us! If only we have not moved farther inland, we would be killed by the tsunami! Those wretched cultists did not care about our lives! I'll kill them after this war is over!!!

Spoiler :

After that, the melee began! The cultist from the holy city went crazy with blood lust. I managed to devise a strategy, so we could win this war with minimal losses. I ordered the newly drafted horsemen to attack the garrison. If they survived, they would be promoted as veterans. If they managed to withdraw, a little experience they get will make them more seasoned fighter. If they did not make it, well, it's their own fault!

Spoiler :

And finally, we managed to capture Garryvoe, with no losses! (What? Four young nobles were killed in the attack? So? They were not veteran, their death is not a loss to our military strength, right!? Why are you looking at me like that!?)

(Very well!)

with minor losses!

Spoiler :

And wonder! Perpentach choose this exact moment to change his personality, again!

Spoiler :

See, I told you that war report always boring... (yawn!)

----

For the next player :
  • I ordered our Aquatic Scout (Hunter?) to come home. He is ready to join the war.
  • I think we better produce more archers to defend Garryvoe and other cities. Currently several of our cities are lacking in garrisoned units.
  • I research Advanced Warfare, hopefully we'll get Mimic soon.
  • We should discuss about what kind of victory condition we will achieve. I got notifications that several Sheaim cities were overtaken by the Luchuirp (this is the first game I see Luchuirp managed to beat the Sheaim! :eek:)

PS : oh yeah, Freak can not be upgraded to Horseman.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0253.CivBeyondSwordSave
    502.4 KB · Views: 46
nice, I'll play mine soon ;)

We could also see what Ethne is willing to give us for peace since we're stronger than her. Our traits agree :D

Horsemen FtW!!! :D
:goodjob:

We might also consider getting frigates for long range bombardment.
And lets be careful with the Aquatic hunter near the enemy cities, if the enemy has warboats he could be in danger, maybe we should have him stick to reconnaissance and small-medium critter hunting.

Top Bottom