Will Civ V bog down less at end

Thanks for the article link, r rolo1 . Interesting.

Civilization releases have always driven my computer needs. It's not as if I need bigger and better machines to read e-mail.... just bigger screens as my eyes age;).

So I'm resigned to replacing this machine which I bought late last fall if need be.

Best way to stop "bogging down" is to decrease the number of things you have to do each turn

In Civ V that means decrease the number of units

Now Larger maps Will have more units (because they have more cities) so they will bog down easier

The issue is in the late game when there are
1. More cities (more of the world is settled
2. THat can produce units of that tech faster
3. And can Support the maintenance of more units

1 is pretty much fixed in the game
so change 2 + 3

If the Costs of units went up faster (ie Tanks cost 6,000 hammers to build and 50 gold per turn to maintain) then the late game wouldn't bog down as much as the early game.

Since they are planning on units that don't die in one combat and are important.... I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a late game mega city as many turns to build a tank as it takes an early game city to build a swordsman.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the unit Maintenance cost was drastically increased (compared to how much a city can produce) compared to other civs (it might ramp p as tech increases as well.... ie an early game city can support 3 early game units, 3 late game cities are required to support 1 late game unit)

Top Bottom