Republican Party Depends On Racist Tactics, Editorial Says

Do you want to deny you enable birth canal abortions, like I emphatically said the above was a war crime?

Come on, lets calibrate your morality for any new posters here useless...

Do you want to deny you enable birth canal abortions, like I emphatically said the above was a war crime?

Come on, lets calibrate your morality for any new posters here useless...

Hey come now dude, i don't know what the hell your problem or issue is, but we've cleared that up. It seems that you're obsessed with me and my position on abortion, inspite of my clarifications.

i shall forgive you though

Hate the OP just hate it.

1) Journalist, you keep using the word Nazi, I don't think it means what you think it means.

2) Herbert Hoover was the first Republican to use the Southern Strategy, it was a one time wonder because the Dem's rallied and put a stop to it.

3)It was LBJ, not the GOP who handed the South to the Republicans. Democrats had been coasting on Southern support since FDR while adopting more and more policies that the South was opposed to. The Solid South flip would have happened by the late 60's no matter who was president.

...So he supports them by wanting racist hiring procedures to be legal. He's enabling racism, and so apparently are you with your tacit support of such things.

Is the 1st Amendment enabling racism by allowing racists to speak? I guess the ACLU supports Nazis and the KKK, right?

Property rights mean you the business owner gets to decide who to hire, not me... If I dont like your hiring practices, I wont associate with you - thats how consumers regulate businesses.

Indicting libertarianism and property rights based on Jim Crow is illogical - that was state mandated discrimination (oh the irony of ironies) following centuries of slavery.

Hey come now dude, i don't know what the hell your problem or issue is, but we've cleared that up. It seems that you're obsessed with me and my position on abortion, inspite of my clarifications.

i shall forgive you though

We did clarify it. You don't support birth canal abortions, you enable them.

So are you going to quote me saying I support urinating on dead soldiers like you failed to do last time?

Hate the OP just hate it.

1) Journalist, you keep using the word Nazi, I don't think it means what you think it means.

2) Herbert Hoover was the first Republican to use the Southern Strategy, it was a one time wonder because the Dem's rallied and put a stop to it.

3)It was LBJ, not the GOP who handed the South to the Republicans. Democrats had been coasting on Southern support since FDR while adopting more and more policies that the South was opposed to. The Solid South flip would have happened by the late 60's no matter who was president.

LBJ should have opposed civil rights in order to keep the Democratic coalition intact? :crazyeye:

Gee, looks like Romney is picking up steam.
Or is that just all the racists finally coming out of the woodwork?

http://www.people-press.org/2012/10/08/romneys-strong-debate-performance-erases-obamas-lead/1/

I'm starting to think I have magical powers.
I just read on a website that according to Pew Romney is ahead of Obama. I thought to myself, "I bet there will be a thread on CFC with people blaming it on racism".

While this thread is not about the poll itself, it's quite obviously connected. Romeny is ahead -> time to demonise him and his voters.

I think the Republican party had the misfortune of taking the angry white man demographic as a part of their electorate and that ends up impacting them on a pretty major level when it comes to their policies on things like welfare and immigration to an unfortunate degree. The last Republican I voted for was Bloomberg. Until Republicans like him become more mainstream again I think the GOP is going to suffer a continued decline. There was a time when the Republican Party represented an actual party, rather than the farce it is today. If the Mitt Romney we have today was more of the Massachusetts Mitt Romney I would actually have to seriously consider who I would vote for.

LBJ should have opposed civil rights in order to keep the Democratic coalition intact? :crazyeye:

Not saying that, and it wasn't just on Civil Rights where the Dem's lost the South. They also diverged on other social issues and economic ones, example- farming legislation.

Again, it wasn't about who was president per se as it was the final development of a trend started by FDR. FDR created a coalition of Southern agrarians, Norther unionworkers, and the black vote. In no way was that going to last. The Dems just picked the later two and let the former fall in importance to them.

It was primarily civil rights which drove almost all the racists out of the Democratic Party into the Republican Party. Those who didn't initially join, largely due to Democrats like George Wallace and Lester Maddox still in the party, did so shortly afterwards due to the efforts of Nixon and Reagan to recruit them by pandering to their fears.

Not saying that, and it wasn't just on Civil Rights where the Dem's lost the South. They also diverged on other social issues and economic ones, example- farming legislation.

Again, it wasn't about who was president per se as it was the final development of a trend started by FDR. FDR created a coalition of Southern agrarians, Norther unionworkers, and the black vote. In no way was that going to last. The Dems just picked the later two and let the former fall in importance to them.

There was a natural progression in that direction. The timing may have been variable, but the handwriting was on the wall. It was going to happen. The fault is with those people who did not give up their prejudices, not with the ones who fought the discrimination.

Most Republicans are not racists.

That said, the electoral strategy of the Republicans has been implicitly racist for some time.

I will assert that white racists ( to avoid muddying the waters with arguments about "reverse" racism, etc ) are probably overwhelmingly Republican or Libertarian.

OTOH, most atheists are Democrats, and being an atheist is a pretty big scandal to most people ( not to me, obv. )

I don't think anybody has claimed that most Republicans are racists, so I have no idea at whom you are directing that comment.

But I do think it is pretty clear that most atheists aren't Republicans, largely for the very same reason that most blacks aren't. But do you have any source which shows they are predominately Democrats, much less that it is a "scandal" to most people?

It was primarily civil rights which drove almost all the racists out of the Democratic Party into the Republican Party. Those who didn't initially join, largely due to Democrats like George Wallace and Lester Maddox still in the party, did so shortly afterwards due to the efforts of Nixon and Reagan to recruit them by pandering to their fears.

Don't be haten on Lester Maddox! He was the Governor of Georgia and thus above reproach. ;)

...So he supports them by wanting racist hiring procedures to be legal. He's enabling racism, and so apparently are you with your tacit support of such things.

I agree with Ron in theory but I do get the pragmatic issues (which I think have more or less gone away by now due to the relative rarity of racism even in the South) and I certainly have bigger things to worry about than the rights of racists to not hire black employees. But Ron really is correct that you really shouldn't have to hire someone that you don't want to hire.

(which I think have more or less gone away by now due to the relative rarity of racism even in the South)

[Citation needed]

Well, even in Mississippi, IIRC 54% of people (Or was it 54% of Republicans? I can't remember corrrectly) are not against interracial marriage. I suppose that doesn't mean they "Aren't racist" but if they don't have a problem with interracial marriage, I doubt they are racist enough to not hire someone on racist grounds.

Obviously, the fact that a majority of people aren't racist doesn't excuse the minority that is. But it does mean that deregulation would not recreate Jim Crow.

Of course, I still have bigger things to worry about.

Don't be haten on Lester Maddox! He was the Governor of Georgia and thus above reproach. ;)
His autographed axe handles aka "Pickrick drumsticks" were quite popular with those who demanded only the finest implements to keep uppity blacks in line, and out of their restaurants.

Well, even in Mississippi, IIRC 54% of people (Or was it 54% of Republicans? I can't remember corrrectly) are not against interracial marriage. I suppose that doesn't mean they "Aren't racist" but if they don't have a problem with interracial marriage, I doubt they are racist enough to not hire someone on racist grounds.

Obviously, the fact that a majority of people aren't racist doesn't excuse the minority that is. But it does mean that deregulation would not recreate Jim Crow.

Of course, I still have bigger things to worry about.

Well obviously, we all know you've been panicking over the soda ban.

Anyway, we all know that your ability to pick up what is racist is extremely flawed (looking at the issue of your implicit support for that racist bigot ron paul).

Top Bottom