Do Roads Help Culture?

soprismb

Chieftain
If you build a road linking two cities does it increase your zone of influence? It seems like every time I build one I increase but I don't know for sure. Do they have culture points or anything?

I know, I don't THINK there is an increase but for whatever reason it SEEMS like it increases your zone of influence. Lets say you're on a earth, if you build a road from Arizona to Brazil and it costs you 200 Gld. all the way down the peninsula, then watch it and you will notice that you really increase along say Mexico, Argentina, etc... I have nothing to back that up with, you guys can call me a short bus window licker but it just seems like it helps culture. I dunno...

I haven't noticed anything like that, but I'm using the DS version, so the algorithm for showing influence may be different. Do you own all the territory between Arizona and Brazil or are there gaps? Does it make a difference?

I haven't noticed anything like that, but I'm using the DS version, so the algorithm for showing influence may be different. Do you own all the territory between Arizona and Brazil or are there gaps? Does it make a difference?

The algorithm would be the same, as the engine is identical between all three platforms. ;)

I don't think that anything is going on there. I admit, sometimes it feels like that to me, but I don't think it really happens. It's probably nothing but the normal human propensity to see patterns, even where none exist.

I know they started the same, but I thought it may have been changed in a patch. And the DS doesn't get patches.

No (P.S. why do you have to have your post be more than 10 characters?)

Just typing in "No" would be considered a spam answer? Harsh.

Top Bottom