New Official Arriving / leaving / introduction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been gone for a couple years but I'm back.

Howdy, y'all!

I see a few names I recognize, but I'll be irritating most of you for the first time.

Keirador said:
How did your son like Swarthmore, academically and socially?
It's just that I'm in college application mode, and I'm still highly impressed with Swarthmore.
He loved it. It was perfect for him. It's small and has a caring environment where students don't get lost and do have real opportunities to get to know a superb faculty. The student mix is very diverse and the girls are all really smart. My son never really had any girlfriends in HS, but he had two "serious" ones at Swarthmore and the last is on going. The academic program is exceptional in both humanities and sciences. My son took advantage of the honors option and selected two majors. If you want a close knit environment over a large university, you can't go wrong with Swarthmore. If you have otehr questions, you can pm me.

OrpheusPrime said:
I've been lurking a long'ish time here at the forums. Time to post. :goodjob:
Welcome :)

OrpheusPrime said:
I've been lurking a long'ish time here at the forums. Time to post. :goodjob:
I've encountered you in that fallacious "Write your Senator" thread, you seem like you'll fit in quite well. Always nice to have someone clear-headed about.

I'll be in Nebraska for three weeks at the Math Olympiad Summer Program... I haven't posted much, but I'm sure Perfection and TLC will miss me at Perfection's evolution/creation thread. :( I promise to get right back into that when I get back in July.

Starting a tad later today, I'll be gone for a week for architecture camp at Auburn University.

Damn I feel terrible now, you guys are going to the math olympics and architecture camp, and I'll be sitting around in boxer shorts, loudly slurping tepid coffee.

Bozo Erectus said:
Damn I feel terrible now, you guys are going to the math olympics and architecture camp, and I'll be sitting around in boxer shorts, loudly slurping tepid coffee.
:D That's what summer's all about!

Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster...

that no one would really have heard of...

Here today, gone the next for another few months or so.

Perfection said:
I'll be heading off to Europe tommorow, and thus will not be gracing this forum with my spam until July.
Feel free to swing by one of our fine Internet Cafes and chuck in a bit of spam now and again. Where are you visiting?

He's off to London IIRC.
I've already told him to visit the IWM, but not under any circumstance go to Soho :D

chunkymonkey said:
Feel free to swing by one of our fine Internet Cafes and chuck in a bit of spam now and again.
I might do that, but then again, I might not.
chunkymonkey said:
Where are you visiting?
London, Paris, Zurich, Florence, Innsbruck and Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom