Nuked Capitol did not prevent Tech Win

Eat snacks in moderation.

Also, why shouldn't you reload after losing the single nuke in the game against a computer that is about to win, and having the nuke is your only hope?

If you have a pistol, but you have a single rocket in a rocket launcher against 5 people with automatic weapons. You shoot the rocket, and the guy just effortlessly throws a rock up into the air, and the rocket blows up, doing nothing to anyone.

Just to stick my oar in briefly...

Personally I've found that saving and reloading when it goes wrong is done in most games and - for me at least - spoils them completely. You can always win if you do that, and where's the fun in a game that's a foregone conclusion? I like a challenge, and the ability to "travel back in time" (i.e. reloading) neuters any challenge the game presents. But then I'm the sort of person who plays Angband with one character for months at a time (on and off, not solidly! :) )

However, I do note that in Civ Rev they've stopped the spy's ability to investigate an enemy city. I really think that should've been left in, as in reality you'd normally know if your enemy had an SDI system built.

That said I love the "Do they have SDI? Don't they have SDI?" aspect as the nuke arrives at its terminal (VERY terminal) destination, and the satisfaction of the friendly mushroom cloud over the ruins of the enemy capital. Serves them right for jumping my new city in 3020BC when we were allied *ahem*.

Since I never build even a single nuke this thread has me wondering why people keep referring to 'the one nuke.' Is there a nuke that can only be build once like a wonder or something?

You don't actually build Nukes as such, you build the Mahattan Project. That gives you a free nuke - your only one.

It's a shame you can't keep building more, but probably a good thing. In previous Civ games, where you tend to be at peace 80% of the time, Nuking would bring the whole world against you, and cause global warming. On Civ Rev, the world world is always against you anyway, and there's no pollution, so you'd just nuke the entire planet. Which would be fun, but make the game somewhat shorter.

Top Bottom