Civ 5 hangs the moment a new game is started

CivScott

Chieftain
Good Evening Everybody,

Never started my own thread before for something like this, but I'm really stumped.

As of 2 nights ago, civ 5 ran fine.
Starting last night I attempted to begin a new game, but the game would consistently lock up immediately upon clicking the button to start the game ("Begin Your Journey" or something of that nature).

Spent last night troubleshooting, including:
-Updating Graphics Drivers
-Reinstalling Game from Steam
-Going into msconfig and restarting without any superfluous services/startup programs
-Attempting to run in windowed mode
-Launching in DX9

The application still permanently hangs every time I try to start a new game. Interestingly though, I can LOAD a saved game...

Any ideas would really be appreciated...

Thanks,
Scott

If anyone was looking into this for me, I'm fine now. I found the -soft switch to bypass my graphics card and it worked. Honestly, I think it is running better without the graphics card thanks to my powerful quad core chip. I can work out any further details on my end.

I' don't use forums much, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something to mark that this thread can be closed, but I'm sure the mods can get it...sorry!

Hey I'm having the same exact problem.. did all of the things you did as well. how did you fix your problem?

oh and here's my dxdiag

Attachments

• DxDiag_6-15-2013.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 40
I'm going to resurrect this thread because I'm having the same problem. I have 2100 hours into civ V and i've never had any issues and now all of a sudden i can't start a new game. As soon as i click "begin your journey" the game freezes. I can however load a saved game and play it just fine. I've tried everything the OP had tried as well and no luck. I've also reinstalled steam and verified the cache. I'm at a loss and I'm really not going to be happy if I can't get this figured out before BNW is released. If anybody has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Yep I have this issue too. Went to 2k support and they suggested something that has not worked. I can start a scenario, load a save or just start a mod game but an actual new game is broken.

Uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing, Deleted almost everything in my civ 5 folder and verified cache, nothing. Tried DX 9 mode, nothing.

I fixed my problem. I uninstalled Civ V, then I hunted down everything CiV on my computer and deleted it. Then I ran a registry cleaner to take care of any remnants. After a restart I reinstalled and it started up fine.

Top Bottom