What leader/civ for your last game of civ EVER

Wodan

Deity
So, with BE coming, I figure this may be the last game of BNW I ever play.

Well, probably not. :lol: But there's some truth there.

Anyway, I went random, and got Shaka Zulu. Should be a good "last game." :goodjob:

If I were going to play "one last game" . . .

Earth (The new version from scrambled continents)
Huge / Epic
Immortal
Iroquois (The very first Civ I played as in CIV V on that cold September morning 4 years ago)

So, with BE coming, I figure this may be the last game of BNW I ever play.

Well, probably not. :lol: But there's some truth there.

Anyway, I went random, and got Shaka Zulu. Should be a good "last game." :goodjob:

Interestingly, I was thinking of that as well. Since after over 2500 hours of CiV play, I kind of get full of it. I did not play it for a couple of months until I decided to play one last game. And I choose BABYLON (won by election, on King, although I was steering for scientific victory).
As you stated it might not be really the last one, however, I never got back to civIV or Favourite CivIII (that I liked even more than V), so it might actually be.

The only game I can still play from old titles, occasionaly, is CivIV Colonization :crazyeye:

I don't see myself getting BE right away. I got burned on too many things. My computer had a heck of a time handling any map without crashing (same computer is now easily able to handle huge maps without issue), additional DLC annoyed the heck out of me (I hate paying for extras in a game), and, with that, I can't use my card to buy anything from Steam because I'm American but live in Brazil (I'm sure I could send an email and get things straightened out, but I wasn't going to put effort into giving them money when D&K and BNW came out, hard to find the box sets too), and looking back, by all the gods of every pantheon, the game was nearly unplayable with various bugs.

Thus, these are not my final games of Civ5. I'm going to wait to see what happens with BE and may get it when I can get the complete game, if people like it.

That being said, when my final game comes up, no doubt for me, Brazil, Rainforest (small continents, hot, wet), Marathon, Deity. I'm on immortal now, but giving myself every advantage in the book, on deity, with my favorite civ, that's where I'll end it, if I actually think about it then.

The only game I can still play from old titles, occasionaly, is CivIV Colonization :crazyeye:
Interesting, yes. I enjoyed Colonization to a point. After that I found it limiting. At this point, I'm more likely to dig up FFH or SMAC (or Planetfall) than C4Col.

I don't see myself getting BE right away. I got burned on too many things.
I'm usually in that camp. Not so much for being burned by being an early adopter (though to this day I still haven't gone back to GalCiv), but because, heck, I don't even usually go to the movies on opening night. If you exercise a little patience, it's a better product. And I didn't get CiV itself right away either. Usually I wait, read reviews, see how it's received and what issues it has, and then what bug/support it has. CiV was no exception.

Thing is, I think BE is an exception. It's built on the CiV engine. So, it shouldn't (and I use that word advisedly) suffer from those growing pains. Yeah, I figure there will be minor issues. But I also fully expect them to fix them right away, because they will want to capitalize on the initial marketing and higher sales peak. So, I expect a patch within the first month. And, again, I don't figure there will be huge issues in the first place anyway.

My computer had a heck of a time handling any map without crashing (same computer is now easily able to handle huge maps without issue),
While you're absolutely right that the initial CiV had huge issues in this arena, it's also true that it's not necessarily reasonable to expect an old computer to seamlessly run a brand new game.

Again, though, I fully expect BE won't have any issues at all in this area.

additional DLC annoyed the heck out of me (I hate paying for extras in a game)
Didn't bother me at all. I didn't buy the DLC which was worthless IMO, and of the other DLC (that which I thought was worthwhile), I prefer to pay $5 for a couple of new civs vs. $35-40 for a new expansion with a half dozen. It's cheaper as DLC, and I get it sooner. What's not to like?

I can't use my card to buy anything from Steam because I'm American but live in Brazil (I'm sure I could send an email and get things straightened out, but I wasn't going to put effort into giving them money when D&K and BNW came out, hard to find the box sets too), and looking back, by all the gods of every pantheon, the game was nearly unplayable with various bugs.
Your logic falls apart here... if you have CC issues, that's understandable but should be easily fixed. Both Steam and your CC want to take your money. A simple phone call or email (as you say) to one or the other should do it. And, that accomplished, this becomes the same as your other concern.

Anyway I'm not trying to be an apologist, just my own views. In the past ten years or so, I've realized that half the stuff I used to be concerned about was my own problem, not someone else's.

That being said, when my final game comes up, no doubt for me, Brazil, Rainforest (small continents, hot, wet), Marathon, Deity. I'm on immortal now, but giving myself every advantage in the book, on deity, with my favorite civ, that's where I'll end it, if I actually think about it then.
Thanks for your thoughts! I haven't played Brazil as much as maybe I should have.

I have a few more things I want to do. Figuring out playing Zulu is one thing I haven't done. Winning on Deity is another, which I might try with Poland or Babylon or . . ? I might play Egypt on Settler and try to build every wonder too. :)

I guess I'll end in the same way I started it: Rome. Domination. On a rather low difficulty probably, so that I can do all the stupid stuff that I'd normally not do and hopefully create a really strange experience that sticks in my head for quite a while.

But I'm pretty sure it will not really be my last game, BE and BNW are different enough that I'll probably come back to BNW just like I play some Civ 4 every now and then.

I have played a wide variety of civs before BE. Many civs have so many differences and similarities at the same time and that lets you play civilizations the same way and with the same strategy.

I think I'm going to have to go with Spain.

IGE every natural wonder next to start location. Cause why the heck not?!

Siam was my first game, and it's tempting to do that.

But my last ever game would be my favourite historical civ, favourite victory type, and favourite map type. So an Archipelago Cultural game as the Mongols.

It would be hard, but hey, why not? :p.

Top Bottom