Quick Game 10 - spoiler thread

Twonky said:
I must say I am a bit surprised with this, Paul#42 - and a little flattered too. I was rather conviced that my early extra-settler (who founded Orleans in 3100bc by those fp-wheats) was mainly responsible for my high worker-count.
Maybe the switching of governments didn´t pay out in the end? After all, the towns by the fp-wheat grew faster than they shrinked due to worker builds in despotism already. How many turns did you miss due to anarchy?
Did you remember to disband your military near the end to use these extra-shields?
In hindsight, I would say with a 4-turn settler factory at hand it is profitable to build a further town as long as it will have produced more than 2 workers by 1000bc as this is what Paris could do alternatively. :hmm:

I must admit I played quite sloppy. A more focused approach should have brought some more workers. But that's why reloading doesn't improve your game (at least for me) - you get bored :mischief:

I had just two turns of anarchy, if I had revolted via TBP (one of the things you forget when replaying) it would have been one. I also had that early settler from a hut.

I had few warriors at the end, but unit support was not the problem. I cash rushed till the very last turn and had +gpt at 0-research. Maybe I started rushing too late.

However I made some mistakes like pop-rushing which didn't pay off. I still do think monarchy is superior for this task but I didn't play too well :(
Maybe someone else tries a replay with monarchy?

@Rik
If we get another worker-quest - make it a little shorter, 2-3 hours for a quick game was too much to concentrate for me :blush: And commanding fifty workers takes its time...

Rik Meleet said:
Do you guys want another "Most workers wins" Quickgame or do you prefer a completely different quickgame next ?

Personally, I prefer games that use the QSC-timeframe as opposed to games where we take over an already developed empire.

What about a challenge featuring military build-up instead of worker pumping? Points could be awarded using a formula like (Attack+Defence+Movement)*Hitpoints or simply the sum of attack-value. Early warfare is one of my weak spot, so I´d enjoy some training in this area.

However, whatever you and Theoden come up with, I´ll play it! :)

Twonky said:
Personally, I prefer games that use the QSC-timeframe as opposed to games where we take over an already developed empire.

What about a challenge featuring military build-up instead of worker pumping? Points could be awarded using a formula like (Attack+Defence+Movement)*Hitpoints or simply the sum of attack-value. Early warfare is one of my weak spot, so I´d enjoy some training in this area.

However, whatever you and Theoden come up with, I´ll play it! :)

I second that (all points). :agree: :yup:

Twonky said:
That's a good idea. I might use that for a quick game :)

RegentMan said:
Another worker one would be fun, but a little bit in the future.

a worker game in the future could be based on railroading, forestry, Replacable Parts - however it should only have a duration of a few turns as they might be quite extensive... :mischief:

Set up in later ages, I'd rather like some "get as many cavs as you can in twenty turns"-szenario with focus on getting resources, MT, money involved.

Because that is a key situation in many of my games I'd like to improve.

Paul#42 said:
a worker game in the future could be based on railroading, forestry, Replacable Parts - however it should only have a duration of a few turns as they might be quite extensive... :mischief:

Set up in later ages, I'd rather like some "get as many cavs as you can in twenty turns"-szenario with focus on getting resources, MT, money involved.

Because that is a key situation in many of my games I'd like to improve.
that's clear. I'll see what I can do.

Do you guys want another "Most workers wins" Quickgame or do you prefer a completely different quickgame next ?

Is that offer still valid? :please:
I just decided to have another "Most workers wins" Quickgame, if you have it ready :rolleyes: :D

We all forgot about the strategies and might refresh our knowledge.

Top Bottom