Game Crash During Hotseat

Lostphysics

Chieftain
Hey! I'm new to Civ 5. Had it installed 3 days. Worked perfectly first day, full graphics, the works. (I just built my own custom gaming PC). Now, when I play hotseat with my friends, every few turns or so, the game crashes. Sometimes in the middle of the turn, sometimes between. I've got the all the latest drivers, patches, etc. I've uninstalled and re-installed. DivX 11 now will crash it in a few turns for sure. It works perfectly on DivX 9 with everything set to medium, but my system was built to handle most anything and it did work fine before. The only thing I can think of at this point is that I have my OS and Steam on an internal SSD and I've installed my game on an internal HDD. Does Civ have issues with it or Steam being on separate drives?

Been working on this for 2 days. Anyone got any ideas?

(Attached is my DxDiag)

Attachments

• Lost Physics DxDiag.txt
    56.3 KB · Views: 102
Hi there

Hopefully someone will be along to look at your DxDiag shortly, but I thought I'd let you know I had similar issues last week playing multiplayer games but doing solo games fine, and running multi on Dx9 was fine, despite a setup that runs Dx11 with high graphics....

....my system now works fine! The only thing I did was check the integrity of my Civ files and two were corrupt.

From the library section in the Steam client, right-click Civilization 5 and select properties. Then open the "Local Files" tab and click "Verify integrity of game cache".

It takes a half hour or so, but might just help!

Fingers crossed!

AlcatrazUK,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've done that multiple times already. It takes like a minute and says "All files successfully validated." Should it be taking a lot longer?

I was hoping that was the issue, but I guess not...

Hmm, I guess that's not it then. Hopefully someone will be along to help shortly....

Sorry I couldn't be more help

There was the old trick that adjusted the config file for 1 core. Your system is probably over kill for this game.

The only other thing that I noticed is that windows sees two video cards. Some people were having problems with multiple GPU's. If you only have one card, then perhaps resolving the issue in windows why it thinks there are two cards, may help.

timtotfly,

Yeah, my computer was built for video editing and effects. It jus happens to game well, too! :)

Would you know how to do these things that you suggest? Links?

Thanks

Top Bottom