Why aren't Naval Units showing?

Prozac1964

Warlord
First time I've ever had this happen. I have all the necessary techs to have naval units including Navigation and I just noticed that no ships are showing in my New Production screen. Not even Work Boats......what do you think is going on? I don't have a clue.:blush:

Thanks for any help. :)

Might seem obvious, but are you looking at the production screen of a coastal city?

Screenshot?

As Browd said, sure it's a coastal city? Also I don't think lakes count either so check if your 'sea' is just a lake.

Also are you using any mods?

Thanks everyone, I'm an idiot. My capital is not coastal, and my second city isn't either. It looks like it is because it is small and only one tile away from coast. Oh well, I'm off to found a coastal city........can't believe I missed that. :crazyeye::blush:

Thanks everyone, I'm an idiot. My capital is not coastal, and my second city isn't either. It looks like it is because it is small and only one tile away from coast. Oh well, I'm off to found a coastal city........can't believe I missed that. :crazyeye::blush:

This happened to me once! Some tiles next to coast are shown as a thin piece of land and looks like its coastal, but it's not. This happens even with hill tiles.

Also, some tiles look like plains or grassland, but it's actually a hill tile, because you think it's only the lower part of the hill on another tile.

Weel, look carefully to all tiles, specially in the beggining, when you are planning your cities locations. That's also valid for war plannings too.

FYI don't be afraid to hit F10. This will switch to strategic view. It's waaaay easier to look at tiles and resources. (It's ugly, but handy.) This will keep you from making rookie mistakes like not getting a lux in your three ring radius, etc.

FYI don't be afraid to hit F10. This will switch to strategic view. It's waaaay easier to look at tiles and resources. (It's ugly, but handy.) This will keep you from making rookie mistakes like not getting a lux in your three ring radius, etc.

Thx Prima, very nice tip! LOT to learn in this game. :D

Top Bottom