Happiness crash

What I do do is almost always seek out lux for lux trades, if that costs me 1-2 gpt on top then fine. Another way of converting gold to happy is through allying city states. But it's less efficient (1 lux can be sold for 240g, it costs 750-1000g to ally a CS for 1 lux)

Xiao Xiong is advocating passing on lux for lux trades and instead taking 6-8 gpt.

Yeah, that's what I figured. The biggest problem is that 7 gpt for 30 turns is never going to be able to net you 4 happiness. If I do get DoWed by the AI in question, I get my lux back so I can just trade it off to someone else for one of their luxes. Reliance on the AI for happiness is an acceptable price to pay for the ability to expand and grow your empire imo.

Reliance on the AI for happiness is an acceptable price to pay for the ability to expand and grow your empire imo.

Very much agreed. It is not even about trying to get games over as quickly as possible: trading lux-for-lux is a fundamental game mechanic. If you are not doing that, your play is broken. Changing that one thing would let someone move up a difficulty level. It's just that basic.

Top Bottom