Noobie, luvin' ya Mod

Kiwi Tyrant

Evil Jollification
Just starting getting into this fantasy mod (being playing Wolfshanze mod) and I'd have to say it's an awesome alternative! :crazyeye:

I like how the early tech's evolve, preventing the usual 'worker 1st' build, and getting some real exploration etc. going. The dungeon's and other unique features can sometimes make or break you from the start: get anything from a free GP, to a Hill Giant spawning! I've learned to treat with care.... poor eager scout's!
Just playing on Monarchy level at the moment till I get used to it, and have only experimented with the Grigori, Luchuirp, Khazad and Amurites. All very good and very differently flavoured!

Have settled on a little tactic I discovered with the few games I've had. I quickly try to get a Hunter to the 'subdue animal' promo to tame any Griffin's while possible. With these, I carefully fly them around the world to get the '+1 circumnavigation' bonus long before I get boats. After that I start using them for more risky, yet potentially rewarding, ventures. :yumyum:

Let the discovery begin......and let the fireballs fly! :goodjob:

Welcome to the FfH world! I've been playing for a while and I am also amazed at the quality of the mod.

I often like to get an early hunter, if there are a lot of 'wildlands' between other Civ's and you. Scouts die very quickly, but hunters make great scouts especially with hawks. They are real good defenders and are as strong as anything you can get until you get bronze and bronze-working. So, for instance, on an Erebus map, I often get hunting very early.

However, when there are a lot of enemy Civ's near, I often don't go for hunters, or at least get them as early.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom