Price?

LLXerxes

Space Travel is Boring
um, anybody know hte price of this game, online, or at gaming stores?
if so, what's the cheapest price and where,

You don't look at the home page of CFC, do you? :p
Anyway, TF posted that Amazon has the game for $44.99. :)

The standard price for the game is $50, and that's the price you'll find it in most stores.

Here you go.

Anguished said:
It doesn't look THAT great to be worth $50.

If you play a game much at all, it is worth that. If you think of it in terms of hours of entertainment and then compare the price to what you spend for an hour's worth of some kind of other entertainment (going to a movie, a bar, a restaurant, concert, etc..), games are worth way more than what they cost. I have had the game for about 10 days now and have already spent close to 100 hours of play time. Some games I have spent well over 1000 hours of playing. Even if I were to get bored with it and quit playing it next week, I will have gotten my money's worth out of it.

bigchief said:
If you play a game much at all, it is worth that. If you think of it in terms of hours of entertainment and then compare the price to what you spend for an hour's worth of some kind of other entertainment (going to a movie, a bar, a restaurant, concert, etc..), games are worth way more than what they cost. I have had the game for about 10 days now and have already spent close to 100 hours of play time. Some games I have spent well over 1000 hours of playing. Even if I were to get bored with it and quit playing it next week, I will have gotten my money's worth out of it.
still don't think it's worth it... :p

bigchief said:

Agreed.

And for the ones that don't think it's worth it... :p
You should know if it is worth it when it's from Firaxis.

Firaxis makes good games of course, but some of them suck :p

I'm sure it'll play good but for now, I'll wait till the price goes down to $30 something-ish

I agree with CivRules and bigchief. I've gotten my money's worth already and I'm sure it'll stay on the hard drive for a good long time to come. This game is just plain fun in a box.

Goldflash said:
Yeah. This game has one of the highest fun factors ever.

It was super fun... but after a few weeks of gameplay it got a bit repetitive. It *is* lots of fun in small doses once you've gone through the initial addiction phase, though. :)

BTW, Goldflash, love that .sig!

BTW#2, I remember back in student days when I'd have no income at all... I looked at game values on a completely different scale. Oh, it's so good to finish school. ;)

bigchief said:

heh, imagine my joy then when I spend 15 bucks on Hidden and Dangerous 2, and play it as the only game I use for 2 weeks straight

Top Bottom