Civ Fanatics keeps going offline?

Lozzy_Ozzy

Rapture
My friend (who also frequents the forums) and I have noticed that lately, the site seems to not appear every so often.

This is a nuisance but it comes back after a few minutes.

When it's 'off' the site simply can't be accessed :(.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and does anyone know what causes it?

Cheers :goodjob:

Ozzy

It was a little slow earlier today, and then I got what you describe once, but it's not a regular occurence like it used to be.

Youre not the only one that is experiancing these.

I really wouldn't mind if search were turned off again...I hardly ever use it...

although...I guess it has kinda come in handy a couple of times when I've wanted to check on poster histories and such...but that's only because I'm nosey and curious at times...

I've used the search a couple times since it's been on, but the lag issues bug me more.

SesnOfWthr said:
I've used the search a couple times since it's been on, but the lag issues bug me more.
It seems that the upgrade was not enough. Perhaps we need to donate to TF, so he can get an even better server.

Nobody said:
those damn cic fanatics, they will do that

I can't do without my cic fanatics but they just keep going offline and that makes me sad :(.

Anyway, I've been getting occasional short periods of server down-age too. I for one could do without search if that'll help.

I wonder if we could do it without sacrificing search? I mean it's not big outages, just really annoying blips. What would happen if we boosted the time between from searches the current two minutes to something higher? Maybe an hour?

I say turn off search since it isnt being used that much. Being able to actually acess the site is better than having search and not being able to acess it.

To be honest, I've been using search like there's no tomorrow. It's so damn useful.

I used it at least a dozen times. It's really useful and i would like it if it didn't have to go.

Top Bottom