New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Interesting :p.....

Incidentally, neither tossi nor Cleric seem to be modding anything right now. IMHO they should be mobilized for the task!

What nasty things you know about them? We could blackmail them into modding it :p.... I could do the map for that scenario....

Did you read a book where a park of Earth is transported to antoher planet? They have to fight 2m "pyavki", then they meet centavres and so on? I forgot the author and series name....

What nasty things you know about them?
Not much on them personally, sadly. I have tossi's complex war plans for ITNES, however... :p
Did you read a book where a park of Earth is transported to antoher planet? They have to fight 2m "pyavki", then they meet centavres and so on? I forgot the author and series name....

Sadly, nothing like it comes to mind, albeit the premise seems rather cliched.

das said:
Incidentally, neither tossi nor Cleric seem to be modding anything right now. IMHO they should be mobilized for the task!
You think so? :D

Well, i have watched long enough and I think I'm ready. We currently have summer holidays in Germany (with a weather like in january), which means that I have enough time, too. The only problem is finding the right setting. A setting which I would not only want to play, but also to mod.

A sentient animal Nes would be cool (i would mix some werewovles in :) ), but i fear that this would be too uncoventional for most of our community. I had the idea of a ancient times nes with Atlantis and other mythological aspects, but I got no sign of interest on that.

So if you gave me a nes idea which i would realy like...

Not much on them personally, sadly. I have tossi's complex war plans for ITNES, however...

Oh common :) I have sent you worse, haven't I? And i'm pretty proud about the battle plan! I only pray that my allies work acording the plan :(.

ooc: i like smileys :)

speaking of an Atlantis NES...

in an earlier NES, which I starte dout as Atlantis (I eventually quite due to other assorted obligations that required my full attention) I had coem up with a novel little back history for Atlantis, as to how it developed the way it did, being essentially an Oligarchy of several Kingdoms, spawned in a period of intense warfare on the island itself; both aginst fellow Atlanteans, and agianst the origional inhabitents of Atlantis, the Berber based "Hesperides". (the Atlanteans were a second wave of setterls, coming from the indo-european migrations from the culture that woudl spilt up to form the Celts,Iberians, Italics, and Illyrians, spawning an intial conflixt that would fracture the settlers at first)

the premisis for an Atlantis NES in that respect woudl be taking part the part of one of the war-cults with thier fanatics; it was these war cults, devoted to thiers specific God )or gods in the case of merged cults) that other nation identify as the "Titans" that woudl unify Atlantis from the inside amoungst the differening cults and war-lords, and go on to drive the Hesperides out of Atlantis.

I think it would be a novel NES; first person to claim 60-70% of Atlantis becomes the dominat cult, and wins (because they would have the power to unify Atlantis by means of diplomacy or war if they controlled that much)

i fear that this would be too uncoventional for most of our community

Well, the idea of NESing was very unconventional for the Stories & Tales community, yet here we are. ;) Aside from that, with right amounts of development its workable. Xen seems to have a good idea about Atlantis, albeit personally I dislike NESes of the kind (i.e. "fight for control of one specific continent", even though the continent in question should be an interesting twist).
So if you gave me a nes idea which i would realy like...

That's what this thread is for, no?

Im extremely interested in the no-nuke cold war NES idea, perhaps with some twists. Ive been thinking of it since last night with many little twists to it. All of the others sound relatively interesting as well.

Tossi could you read the last Idea das was talking about?! Looks excellent.

I'd like to have thine attention please. I don't know whether he-who-gave-me-this-information wants to keep it as a surprise or not, nor do I know if he told anyone else yet, but anyway...

According a PM recently received by yours truly, in a few days its likely that a new NES will begin. That's about all I know, really.

Gelion said:
Tossi could you read the last Idea das was talking about?! Looks excellent.
I did. Looks good to play, but i'm not sure if i would like to mod it.

According a PM recently received by yours truly, in a few days its likely that a new NES will begin. That's about all I know, really.

It wasn't me :).

You can't do this to me..... you can't.... I mean I never wanted to mod Nessos....and I did. Well for now I just work on the rules. A map would be nice...

It wasn't me .

I know it wasn't. ;)
A map would be nice...

Oh, I'm sure there are some leftover "random" maps in the map thread. Also NK might have some left.

das said:
Well, the idea of NESing was very unconventional for the Stories & Tales community, yet here we are. ;) Aside from that, with right amounts of development its workable. Xen seems to have a good idea about Atlantis, albeit personally I dislike NESes of the kind (i.e. "fight for control of one specific continent", even though the continent in question should be an interesting twist).

glad you like; its limited because my main purpose for doing it would be to try to make a "real history" of Atlantis; othe rpeoples wouldnt play a huge part in what went on in Atlantis during the Copper and early Bronze ages, the time when this would have taken place; if I make a map, I might include some of spain and africa though.

Ok I got a random map....

Gelion said:
You can't do this to me..... you can't.... I mean I never wanted to mod Nessos....and I did. Well for now I just work on the rules. A map would be nice...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You never wanted to mod Nessos???? :eek:

alex994 said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You never wanted to mod Nessos???? :eek:
If you read the development thread you could see that I wanted to play it as much as everybody else :)
But hey at least you got some instead of none :crazyeye:

Gelion, if you need any help with development, PM me or post here, I'll be only glad to help.

Thanks I will ask you :)
One thing I want to ask you is to get MSN. I made no less than 10 people get MSN for their CFC accounts. Dont't let me down :p

Sorry, MSN didn't work when I tried to install it. I think the polar bears have something against that...

Top Bottom